大自然在说话Nature Is Speaking(MP3+中英字幕) 第4期:大自然
日期:2015-12-16 16:04

(单词翻译:单击)

Some call me nature.
有人称我为大自然。
Others call me “Mother Nature.”
也有人叫我“大自然母亲”。
I've been here for over 4.5 billion years.
我在这里已经超过45亿年。
22,500 times longer than you.
是你们人类存在时间的22500倍。
I don't really need people. But people need me.
我真的不需要人类。但人类需要我。
Yes, your future depends on me.
是的,你的未来取决于我。
When I thrive, you thrive. When I falter, you falter. Or worse.
如果我繁盛,你们也将繁盛。如果我衰败,你们也会衰败或者更糟。
But I've been here for eons.
但我已经永世存在于此。

大自然.jpg


I have fed species greater than you. And I have starved species greater than you.
我养育过比你们强大得多的物种。我也曾让比你们强大得多的物种因饥饿而亡。
My oceans. My soil. My flowing streams. My forests.
我的海洋。我的土壤。我的河流。我的森林。
They all can take you or leave you.
它们都可以左右人类的存在。
How you choose to live each day, whether you regard or disregard me, doesn't really matter to me.
你们如何选择每天的生活,是否在意我还是无视我,我都不在乎。
One way or the other. Your actions will determine your fate. Not mine.
不管怎样,你们的行为决定了你们的命运,不是我的。
I am nature. I will go on. I am prepared to evolve.
我是自然。我会继续下去。我随时准备进化。
Are you?
而你们呢?

分享到
重点单词
  • determinev. 决定,决心,确定,测定
  • evolvev. 进展,进化,展开
  • speciesn. (单复同)物种,种类
  • flowingadj. 流动的;平滑的;上涨的 v. 流动;起源;上涨
  • thrivevi. 兴旺,繁荣,茁壮成长
  • disregardn. 不理会,漠视 vt. 忽视,不顾
  • faltervi. 支吾地说,迟疑,蹒跚地走 vt. 支支吾吾地说话