大自然在说话Nature Is Speaking(MP3+中英字幕) 第3期:珊瑚礁
日期:2015-12-14 16:00

(单词翻译:单击)

I am coral.
我是珊瑚礁。
Some people think I'm just a rock.
有些人认为我只是岩石。
When, in fact, I'm the largest thing alive on this planet.
但事实上,我是这个星球最大的生命体。
I'm so big, I can be seen from space. But for how long?
大到从太空都可以看到我。但还能持续多久?
I grew for almost 250 million years and humans came along and now one fifth of me is gone.
我来到这里大约2.5亿年后人类出现了,从那时起我已经失去了我的五分之一。
Sure, l live at the bottom of the sea. And you might not see me that often.
是的,我生活在海底,你们很少能见到我。
But you do need me.
但是你们需要我。
Do you realize that one quarter of all marine life depends on me?
你们知道有四分之一的海洋生物都依赖我生存吗?
I am the nursery of the sea.
我是海洋生物的栖息地。

珊瑚礁.jpg


Little fish depend on me for food and to hide from the big fish.
我为小鱼提供食物,为它们提供躲避大鱼追捕的庇护所。
And guess who eats the big fish?
猜猜谁吃大鱼呢?
That's right. You do.
是的。是你们。
I'm the protein factory for the world.
我是全世界的蛋白质工厂。
Yet you raise the temperature of the ocean so I can't live here anymore.
但你们却让海洋温度不断升高,使我无法继续生存。
And when big storms and tsunamis barrel through the ocean, I'm your fortress.
当风暴和海啸灾大洋上呼啸而过时,是我在为你们遮挡。
Yet you tear me apart with dynamite and poison me with cyanide.
然而你们却用炸药把我撕碎,用氰化物来毒害我。
Well, here's a crazy thought: Stop killing me.
我有一个疯狂的想法:停止伤害我。

分享到
重点单词
  • temperaturen. 温度,气温,体温,发烧
  • poisonn. 毒药,败坏道德之事,毒害 vt. 毒害,摧毁,中毒
  • dynamiten. 炸药,(用)炸药(爆破), 引起轰动的人(或物)
  • proteinn. 蛋白质
  • tearn. 眼泪,(撕破的)洞或裂缝,撕扯 vt. 撕掉,扯下
  • planetn. 行星