《穿普拉达的女王》视听精讲第11期:女魔头变身“巫婆”
日期:2014-04-19 18:07

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听


The girls' recital was absolutely wonderful.
她们的独奏太精彩了
They played Rachmaninoff. Everyone loved it. Everyone except me…
选了拉科曼尼诺夫的作品。所有人都说好,除了我
because, sadly, I was not there.
因为,不幸地,我不在场
Miranda, I'm so sorry.
马琳达,我很抱歉
Do you know why I hired you?
你知道我为什么雇你?
I always hire the same girl… stylish, slender, of course…worships the magazine.
我总是雇类似的女孩子,时髦,苗条,当然还有崇拜这本杂志
But so often, they turn out to be…I don't know… disappointing and, um… stupid.
但总是,她们变得,我不知道~ 让人失望~~~变得愚蠢
So you, with that impressive resume…and the big speech about your so-called work ethic…
而你,有漂亮的简历,还有夸夸其谈地说自己是工作狂
I, um… I thought you would be different.
我~~~我以为你会不一样
I said to myself, go ahead.Take a chance. Hire the smart, fat girl.
我对自己说,去吧,抓住机会,雇一个聪明的胖女孩
I had hope. My God. I live on it.
我有过希望。天呢,希望是我的动力
Anyway, you ended up disappointing me more than, um…
总之,你却比任何其他蠢女孩
more than any of the other silly girls.
都要来得更让人失望
Um, I really did everything I could think of.
我真的做了我能做的
Uh…That's all.
就这样
Excuse me! Where do you think you're going?
站住!你要去哪儿?

影视精讲

worship 崇拜,尊崇; 爱慕
The Greeks used to worship several gods.
过去,希腊人崇奉好几种神。

go ahead 继续下去;向前进
You just go ahead and I'll catch up later.
你先走一步,我随后赶来。

Take a chance 抓住一个机会;碰碰运气吧;冒险一试;尝试一下
We will take a chance to have the party outdoor.
我们将冒险举行露天聚会。
We may take a chance on her being at home.
也许碰巧她在家。

end up (以…)结束; 最终成为
Be careful, you could end up by getting hurt.
当心,你可能最终会伤到自己的。
I don't want you to end up out of pocket.
我不希望你最后亏本。

分享到
重点单词
  • smartadj. 聪明的,时髦的,漂亮的,敏捷的,轻快的,整洁的
  • resumev. 再继续,重新开始 n. 简历,履历; 摘要
  • absolutelyadv. 绝对地,完全地;独立地
  • stylishadj. 现代风格的,流行的,潇洒的
  • worshipn. 崇拜,爱慕,做礼拜 vi. 做礼拜 vt. 崇拜,
  • impressiveadj. 给人深刻印象的
  • exceptvt. 除,除外 prep. & conj. 除了 ..
  • disappointingadj. 令人失望的 动词disappoint的现在分词
  • recitaln. 背诵,吟诵,详述 n. 独奏会,独唱会
  • slenderadj. 细长的,苗条的,微薄的,少量的