《穿普拉达的女王》视听精讲第10期:为梦想“曲线救国”
日期:2014-04-18 19:19

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听


Yeah, Nate said it was great.
是啊,内特说得很好
He actually… He applied here, but they wanted someone with more experience.
他其实应聘过这里,但他们需要经验丰富的
Here. Huh? What's this?
给.嗯?是什么?
I don't want you to get behind on your rent.
我不想你拖房租
Dad, how did you… It's…
爸,你怎么~ 只是~~
I'm gonna kill Mom.
我要掐我妈
Dad, thank you.
谢谢你,爸爸
It's really good to see you. You too, honey.
真高兴见到你. 我也是,宝贝
So, you want to start grilling me now…
你想现在就说正题呢~
or should we wait till after dinner?
还是等吃完饭了后?
I thought I'd let you at least enjoy the bread basket first.
我想让你吃了早饭再说
No, no, no. It's okay. Go right ahead.
不,不,没关系,现在说吧
We're just a little worried, honey.
我们只是很担心你,宝贝
We get e-mails from you at your office at 2:00 a.m.
我们凌晨两点收到你的电邮
Your pay is terrible. You don't get to write anything.
工资低,有不参与文笔工作
Hey, that's not fair.
嘿,这么说不公平
I wrote those e-mails.
我有写那些电邮
I'm just trying to understand why someone who got accepted to Stanford Law…
我试着了解被斯坦福法律系接受的人~
turns it down to be a journalist, and now you're not even doing that.
为什么会想做记者,更何况你现在还不算是记者
Dad, you have to trust me.
爸,你要相信我
Being Miranda's assistant opens a lot of doors.
做马琳达的助理就不用愁将来了
Emily is going to Paris with Miranda in a few months…
艾米莉要和马琳达去巴黎几个月
and she's gonna meet editors and writers from every important magazine.
她会遇到著名杂志社的编辑和作者
And in a year, that could be me.
再过一年,我也能去了
All right? Mm-hmm.
好吗?嗯
Dad, I swear, this is my break.
爸,我发誓,这是我的转折点
This is my… my chance.
这是我的~~~机遇
This is my boss.
是我老板

影视精讲


get accepted 接受
The art world has accepted it.
艺术世界已经接受了涂鸦。
Both sides accepted the proposal.
双方都接受了这个建议。

trust 信任
She was inclined to trust him.
她愿意相信他。
Her trust in him was unfounded.
她对他的信任毫无道理。

break 突破
The big break took more than a year.
一年多之后才取得了重大突破。


分享到
重点单词
  • proposaln. 求婚,提议,建议
  • understandvt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为
  • unfoundedadj. 无事实根据的,无基础的,尚未建立的