高频英语口语对话(MP3+中英字幕) 第480期:搭平台
日期:2016-09-03 15:00

(单词翻译:单击)

unit 537
搭平台
dialogue
英语情景对话
A:Hi, Sara, what are you reading?
A:嗨,莎拉,你在看什么?
B:Hi, John, I am trying to find a carpenter.
B:嗨,约翰,我在找木匠。
A:Why?
A:为什么找木匠?
B:Well, I want to build a deck in my back yard.
B:嗯,我想在后院建一个平台。
A:What for?
A:用来干嘛呢?
B:So I can have a special place to hang out with friends, and also do some barbecuing on weekends.
B:那样我就有一个地方专门和朋友聚会聊天啦,而且,周末也可以在那里烧烤。
A:That sounds cool. Do you mind if I recommend myself for the job?
A:听起来很棒,你介意我毛遂自荐么?
B:You? Do you have a carpenter's license?
B:你?你有木匠执照么?
A:Yes, of course. But I only freelance on weekends with my uncle.
A:有啊,但我只有在周末才有空和我叔叔一起接生意做。
房子

B:Wow! That's cool. So, let me give you some details about the deck I want.
B:哇,真厉害,那么我告诉你一些我想建的平台的细节。
A:Please go ahead, I am listening.
A:说吧,我在听。
B:I'd like my deck to be at the same level as the back door.
B:我要我的平台和后门一样高。
A:Is your back door higher than the ground level?
A:你的后门高于地面么?
B:Yes, the back door is about four or five steps higher than the ground.
B:是的,后门比地面高出大约4—5级台阶。
A:Okay, then you need a deck with a guardrail.
A:好吧,这样你的平台需要加护栏。
B:I don't like things to be fancy.
B:我不要太花哨的设计。
A:Don't worry. I will build your deck with a simple but classic look.
A:放心,我会帮你把平台做得简单而高雅。
B:Hmm, that's good. Can you use cedar or redwood to build it?
B:嗯,那很好,你可以用西洋杉或者红木来做么?
A:Cedar is a good choice.
A:西洋杉是不错的选择。
B:Well, let's take the measurements right now.
B:那么,我们现在就来测量吧。

分享到