(单词翻译:单击)
"Good-morning, Tom. You are out early.
早上好,汤姆,你出来得可真早 。
And here are all the things I need—the butter, and the sugar, and the fruit, and the eggs!
我要的东西都来了:黄油、糖、水果和鸡蛋 。
Now I shall be able to make a cake today."
这样我今天就能做一个蛋糕了 。
Jack knew who it was that had come so early this cold morning.
杰克知道是谁在这么大冷天的一大早来了 。
It was Tom, the grocer's boy.
是汤姆,杂货铺里的一个男孩 。
Quickly Jack ran downstairs to eat his breakfast.
杰克很快跑下楼梯吃早饭 。
While he was eating, he heard the milkman's wagon and the sound of the baker's boy whistling as he delivered his bread in the cold.
吃饭的时候,他听到送奶工人的车子声,还有寒冷中送面包男孩的口哨声 。
After breakfast Jack looked out of the window and saw Tom hurrying down the street with his empty basket on his arm.
早饭过后,杰克看了看窗外,他看到汤姆胳膊上提个空篮子,沿着街道匆匆的走过 。
He was going back to the store for another load.
他回到杂货铺,又拿了另一篮子的东西出来 。
Jack put on his cap and coat and ran out.
杰克戴上帽子,穿上外套跑了出去 。
"Wait, Tom!" he called, "I have a holiday, and I'll help you deliver the groceries this morning.
杰克喊到,汤姆等等!我放假,今天早上我帮你来送这些东西吧 。
That will be lots more fun than doing the things I had planned to do all day."
这会比我原先计划整天要做的事情有趣多了 。