(单词翻译:单击)
The Enchanted Pearls
魔法珍珠
Hans was so happy at what the king said that he turned and hurried out of the palace.
听到国王的话汉斯很高兴,他转身匆匆离开了王宫 。
The very next day he started on his journey to the North Sea.
第二天他开始了去往北海的旅程 。
He walked and walked, until he was very tired.
他走啊走走得非常累 。
Just as he was going to sit down to rest, he saw a great giant rushing toward him.
就在他想坐下来休息的时候,他看到一个巨人向他冲了过来 。
"Good-morning!" said Hans. "Are you in any trouble? Perhaps I can help you."
早上好,汉斯说,你有什么困难吗?或许我能帮得到你 。
"Oh, no, thank you," answered the giant, looking down at Hans.
哦,没有,谢谢你!巨人低下头看了看汉斯回答道,
"I am in no trouble. I always rush along. Where are you going, young man?"
我没有问题,我总是跑得很快,年轻人你去哪?
"I am going to the North Sea to get the king a string of enchanted pearls that lies at the bottom of the water," answered Hans.
我要去北海为国王取一串位于海底的魔法珍珠,汉斯回答说 。
"Ah!" said the great giant,"it will take you a long while to get there.
巨人说,啊,那你要花费很长一段时间才能到那 。
Now if you could walk as fast as I can, it would be a very easy thing to get to the North Sea quickly."
如果你现在能走得跟我一样快的话,赶到北海就会容易很多了 。
"How fast can you walk?" asked Hans.
你可以走多快呢?汉斯问道 。
"I can walk faster than any horse can run," answered the giant.
我走得比任何一匹马跑得都快,巨人回答说 。