(单词翻译:单击)
But the giant reached out his long arm, picked up his hat, and put it upon his head.
但是巨人伸出了长长的胳膊,捡起帽子戴到了头上 。
At this, all three of the great giants broke into a merry laugh.
这时,三个巨人都开心的笑了 。
"Young man, don't you know that I am the giant whose arms are so long that I can reach five hundred yards?"
年轻人,你不知道我的手臂能够伸到500码(约457米)以外的地方吗?
asked the giant who was sitting under the tree.
坐在树下的巨人问道 。
"No!" said Hans, dancing with joy.
我不知道,汉斯说着高兴的跳了起来 。
"But if that is true, you are just the giant I need.
如果真是这样的话,你就是我需要的那个巨人 。
When I get to the North Sea, you can reach down and pick up the string of enchanted pearls that lies at the bottom of the water.
在我到达北海时,你就可以伸出手捡起海底的串魔法珍珠 。
Will you come and help me?"
你愿意来帮助我吗?
"Yes," said the giant. "I will go, if I can be of any use to you."
好的,如果能对你有用我愿意去,巨人说道 。
So Hans and the three great giants started on their journey to the North Sea.
于是汉斯和三个巨人走上了去北海的路 。
They had not gone far before they came to another great giant, resting against a very large rock.
没多远,他们来到了另一个巨人的跟前,他正以依在一块巨大的岩石上休息 。
Hans saw that both of the giant's ears were filled with cotton.
汉斯看到巨人的两只耳朵都塞上了棉花 。
"Do your ears hurt?" asked the young man. "Perhaps I can do something to help you."
便问到,你的耳朵受伤了吗?或许我能帮你做点什么 。
"Oh, no," said the giant. "I always put cotton in my ears, to shut out some of the sounds about me.
哦,不不不,巨人说,我总是放些棉花到耳朵里来避开我周围的一些声音 。
I can hear so well that I can tell what men are saying far away—even if they are a hundred miles from me."
我的听力非常好,连远处的人说什么话我都能听到,即便他们离我有百英里之遥 。