生活大爆炸 第四季:第10集 英雄与跟班之争(上)
日期:2016-12-22 10:52

(单词翻译:单击)

Clarify something for me. Isn't the point of a communal meal the exchange of ideas and opinions? An opportunity to consider important issues of the day?
谁能给我澄清一下 聚餐的精髓难道不该在于互相交换看法和主张吗 这难道不该是讨论今日大事的时刻吗
It is. You just kind of put a damper on things when you said, "The next person I see talking with food in their mouth will be put to death."
是啊 但是每当你威胁要将边吃边说的人至于死地之后 我们就全无兴致了
Well, we could argue about who said what all night long, but to set things back on course, I will propose a new topic of conversation.
如果要深究谁说了什么的话 我们能纠结一整晚 但为了回到正轨上 我要为聚餐开启个新的话题了
Great.
好极了
What is the best number? By the way, there's only one correct answer.
最棒的数字是哪一个 多说一句 答案是唯一的
5,318,008?
五百三十一万八千零八
Wrong. The best number is 73. You're probably wondering why.
错误 最棒的数字是73 你们估计会疑惑原因
No. Uh-uh. We're good.
没没 我们没有
73 is the 21st prime number. Its mirror, 37, is the 12th, and its mirror, 21, is the product of multiplying- hang on to your hats—seven and three. Eh? Eh? Did I lie?
73是第21个质数 而它反过来说 37是第12个质数 而它再反过来21 则是构成73的两个数字 高潮来了 也就是7和3相乘的结果 怎么着 怎么着 我说错没
We get it. 73 is the Chuck Norris of numbers.
我们懂了 73就是数字界的查克·诺里斯(查克·诺里斯:美国着名武术家)
Chuck Norris wishes.
那是对查克·诺里斯的褒奖
In binary, 73 is a palindrome: "one-zero-zero-one-zero-zero-one" which backwards is "one-zero- zero-one-zero zero one" exactly the same. All Chuck Norris backwards gets you is: "Sirron Kcuhc."
同时73用二进制表示的结果是1-0-0-1-0-0-1 所以它反过来念是1-0-0-1-0-0-1 两者是一致的 而把查克·诺里斯的名字反着念是“Sirron Kcuhc”(无意义)
Just for the record, when you enter 5,318,008 on a calculator, upside-down it spells "boobies"
我插一句 如果你把5318008输进计算器后 它倒过来显示拼写的单词是“咪咪”
Remember when you were wondering why the girls didn't want to eat with us tonight?
记得你曾疑惑过为何女生们晚上不想跟我们一起吃吗
Yeah, I get it now.
是啊 我现在懂了
I love your little heart locket, Bernadette.
我喜欢你的心形小吊坠 伯纳黛特
Oh, thanks. Howard gave it to me. It's the cutest thing. Every time I have dinner with his mom, the next day I get jewelry.
谢谢 是霍华德送我的 这是最好玩儿的事了 每当我跟他妈妈共进晚餐后 隔天总会收到他送我的首饰
Did you know that the iconic Valentine's heart shape is not actually based on the shape of a human heart, but rather on the shape of the buttocks of a female bending over?
你们知道人们情人节送的这种心形符号 其实它的原型并不是人的心脏 而是女性弯腰时显露的臀部形状吗
Oh, so I spent seventh grade dotting my I's with little asses?
也就是说我的七年级一直都用的小屁股作为点缀了是吧
Cool.
酷啊
Hey, Penny, how's it going?
你好啊 佩妮 最近过得如何
Hey, Zack, what are you doing here?
你好啊 扎克 你来这做什么呢
My dad's company prints the menus for this place. I'm just dropping off some new ones laminated. Makes 'em easier to clean if people throw up on 'em. Guess how I got the idea?
我爸的公司为这家店印制菜单 我来送些过塑了的新版本 这样吐在上面以后容易打扫一点 猜猜我怎么想到的点子
Yeah, I got it, I got it. Uh, Zack, these are my friends Bernadette and Amy.
好了好了 我懂的 扎克 这是我的朋友们 伯纳黛特和艾米
Hi. Hey. Hoo.
你好啊 你好 呼~
Okay, well, it was good to see you.
很高兴再见到你
Yeah, you, too.
我也是
He's really cute. How do you know him?
他好帅啊 你俩怎么认识的
Oh, we went out a couple of times.
我们约会过几次
I'm often flummoxed by current slang. Does "went out" mean "had intercourse"?
我总被时下的表达方式所迷惑 约会过是不是总代表着交媾过
Yes. No, no. But in this case, yes.
是的 不是 不是的 但这次 是的
Interesting. And was it not satisfactory?
有意思 是不是过程不太满意啊
No, it was great. He just didn't really challenge me on an intellectual level.
不 其实还不错 只是他没有在智商层面上给我压力
Couldn't you just fool around with him and then listen to NPR?
你不能将就一下他 然后一起去听听NPR吗(NPR:美国公共电台)
Wouldn't help. Zack can't even spell NPR.
没用的 扎克连NPR的全称都拼不出来
It's what I do with Howard. I'm much smarter than he is. But it's important to protect his manhood.
我跟霍华德相处就是这么做的 我比他要聪明 但保护他的男子气概是很重要的
Hoo.
呼~
What's the matter?
你怎么了
I'm suddenly feeling flushed. My heart rate is elevated, my palms are clammy, my mouth is dry. In addition, I keep involuntarily saying "hoo."
我只是突感气血涌动 我的心率加速 掌心冒汗 口干舌燥 还有 我只是不由自主地想说"呼~"
Oh, we know what's causing that, don't we?
我想我们明白发生了什么 是吧
It's no mystery. I obviously have the flu coupled with sudden-onset Tourette's syndrome.
毫无疑问 我明显是患有感冒及其突发性妥瑞综合症 (妥瑞症:运动协调性疾患)
Did you hear about the accident at the bio lab?
听说生物试验室发生的事故了吗
No. What happened?
没 发生了什么事
They were injecting rats with radioactive isotopes and one of the techs got bit.
他们给老鼠注射了放射性同位素 但其中的一名技术员被咬了
Did he get superpowers?
那他得到了超能力吗
No, he got five stitches and a tetanus shot.
没 他被缝了五针外加一针破伤风针剂
Oh. Well, that's disappointing.
太令人失望了
Why?
为何这么说
Well, you get bit by a radioactive animal in a lab, you kind of want to turn into a superhero.
如果你在试验室被放射性动物咬伤 你肯定想成为超级英雄的
Yeah, but who'd want to become Rat-Man?
但谁又想变成鼠魔侠呢
Who wouldn't? You could zip through a maze in nothing flat, squeeze through really small holes, and shut down restaurants in a single bound. And the best part is, if I were Rat-Man, you could be my sidekick, Mouse Boy.
谁不想啊 你可以在迷宫里横冲直撞 钻进很小的地洞 而且只要蹦跶几下就能让餐馆关门 而且最棒的是 如果我是鼠魔侠 你就可以当我的跟班
Mouse Boy?
鼠娃 鼠娃
You don't like "Mouse Boy"? How about "Kid Vermin"?
你不喜欢鼠娃吗 那害虫娃呢
First of all, if we had superpowers, I wouldn't be the sidekick. You'd be the sidekick.
首先 要是我们真有超能力 我肯定不会是跟班 你才是跟班
Rat-Man is nobody's sidekick.
鼠魔侠才不会是跟班呢
Leonard, settle this. Of the two of us, who's the obvious sidekick?
莱纳德 你说句公道话 我们俩 谁更像跟班
Yeah, Leonard, who?
没错 莱纳德 你说是谁
12 years after high school, and I'm still at the nerd table.
高中毕业十二年了 我还是悲催地混在书呆子帮里
Aren't you slicing that man's brain a little too thin?
你是不是把这个人的脑子切得太薄了点
It's too thin if I were making a foot-long brain sandwich at Quiznos. For examination under a two-photon microscope, it's fine.
我这要是在奎兹诺餐厅做英尺人脑三明治的话 就的确是切太薄了 但是放在双光子显微镜下检验的话 就不算薄
Well, you're the expert. If the correct way to do it is the wrong way, then I yield.
好吧 你是专家 如果胡来才是正确的方法的话 那我闭嘴
Very well. If you die and donate your body to science, I promise to slice your brain like Canadian bacon. Thank you.
很好 如果你死后将遗体捐献给科学研究的话 我保证我会把你的大脑切得跟加拿大培根一样厚 谢谢
Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to take my temperature.
如果你不介意的话 我要量一下我的体温
Are you monitoring your circadian rhythms in order to identify your periods of maximum mental acuity? I did that one summer. Ah, youth.
你是在监控你的生理节奏以确定你脑部活动最旺盛的时段吗 我曾经在某个暑假试过 美好的童年啊
No, I experienced some distressing symptoms last night, so I'm checking my vital signs every hour.
不是 我昨晚产生了一些奇怪的症状 所以我每个小时都在检查自己的生命迹象
I'd be happy to create a chart and participate in a differential diagnosis.
我很乐意帮你做个图表进行一下差异分析
Oh, that sounds like fun.
好像挺好玩的嘛
All right. What were the symptoms?
开始吧 你有哪些症状
Elevated heart rate, moist palms, dry mouth and localized vascular throbbing.
心跳加速 手心出汗 口干舌燥 还有局部的血管抽动
Localized to what region?
局部是哪
Ears and genitalia.
耳朵和生殖器
Interesting. Not body parts that usually team up. What about environmental factors? Describe the scene for me.
有意思 是两个通常不会放一起说的器官 那环境因素呢 形容一下当时的情景
I was sitting in a restaurant with Penny and Bernadette, drinking water—carbonated as it was a special occasion.
我跟佩妮还有伯纳黛特一起在餐馆喝水 而且喝的是碳酸水 因为那是特殊场合
Penny's friend Zack stopped by and said hello and I said "hoo."
佩妮的朋友扎克过来打了个招呼然后我就说“呼”
Who?

Zack. Then why did you ask?
扎克 你知道是扎克还问
Ask what?
问什么
Who.
问“谁”呀
Zack.
扎克
All right, let's start over. What did you say when Zack walked in?
好吧 重头来一遍 扎克走过来后你说了什么
"Hoo".
“呼”(“谁”)
Zack.
扎克
Why do you keep saying "Zack"?
你为什么一直说"扎克"
Because you keep saying "who."
因为你一直问“谁”(“呼”)呀
I'm not saying "hoo" now. I said "hoo" last night.
我现在可没说"呼" 我是昨晚说的"呼"
And the answer was Zack, correct?
答案就是扎克 对吧
There was no question. I simply said "hoo."
我没问问题啊 我只是说了“呼”
All right, I think I have enough to go on. Possible explanations for your symptoms are, in descending order of likelihood:hyperthyroidism, premature menopause, hosting an alien parasite or—and I only include it for the sake of covering absolutely all bases—sexual arousal.
好吧 我不纠结了 你以上症状的诱因 根据可能性降序排列的结果如下 甲亢 过早绝经 外星人附体 或是 以下这个结果纯粹是为了涵盖所有可能因素 那就是性冲动
Where would I have picked up an alien parasite?
我在哪儿被外星人附的身啊
There you are. Let me ask you a question. What are you most afraid of?
找到你了 问你个问题 你最怕什么
I don't know. Um... nuclear war. Accidentally being buried alive. Any of those movies where you get that phone call that says you're going to die. And then you do.
我也不知道 核战 不小心被活埋了 或者是像那种电影情节一样 突然接到一个电话 电话那头的人说你就要死了 结果你还就真挂了
No. Something very specific that we both know you, Rajesh Koothrappali, are terrified of.
不是这些 是某个 咱俩都知道你也就是拉杰·库萨帕里害怕的东西
Well, type two diabetes runs in my family. The thought of losing a toe...
我家的确有二型糖尿病史 糖尿病后期会掉脚趾的
Spiders! You're afraid of spiders!
是蜘蛛 你怕蜘蛛
What the heck is this?
这是什么
A jar with a big spider in it, of course. Bravery test. First one to take his hand out is the sidekick.
当然是装着一只大蜘蛛的罐子啦 勇敢度测试 先把手拿出来的人就是跟班
Are you crazy? Perhaps. Are you scared?
你疯了吗 也许吧 你怕了吗
No. But it's a stupid test.
没有 但这测试很白痴
Oh, really? What if the Earth was in danger and the only way to save it was to stick your hand in a jar with a spider?
是吗 要是地球危在旦夕 而唯一拯救的方法就是把你的手伸进装着蜘蛛的罐子里呢
Oh, yeah? What if the Earth was in danger and the only way to save it was to take a shower in the locker room and let other guys see you naked?
是吗 要是地球危在旦夕 而唯一的拯救办法就是在更衣室里洗澡 还被人看到你的裸体
Oh, come on. That's never gonna happen. Put your hand in the jar or forever be revealed as my sidekick.
得了 这事没可能发生 快把手放进罐子里 不然你就一辈子做我跟班吧
All right, I will.
好吧 这就放
How did you get so brave all of a sudden?
你怎么一下子胆儿这么肥了
It's easy. The spider's crawling up your arm.
简单 蜘蛛都爬到你手臂上了
Get it off! Get it off! Please, Raj! Please.
快把这货弄下来你 快点 拉杰 别愣着

分享到
重点单词
  • currentn. (水、气、电)流,趋势 adj. 流通的,现在的,
  • parasiten. 寄生虫,寄生生物,食客
  • settlev. 安顿,解决,定居 n. 有背的长凳
  • prematureadj. 提前的,过早的,早产的 n. 早产儿,早熟
  • exchangen. 交换,兑换,交易所 v. 交换,兑换,交易
  • diabetesn. 糖尿病
  • clarifyvt. 澄清,阐明,使 ... 明晰
  • obviousadj. 明显的,显然的
  • acuityn. 敏锐;尖锐;剧烈
  • vitaladj. 至关重要的,生死攸关的,有活力的,致命的