老友记 第3季:第5集 小弗兰克(上)
日期:2016-09-17 15:48

(单词翻译:单击)

Chandler: Hey! Hey!

嘿! 嘿!

Chandler: Hey hey hey. So what happened? Did a forest tick you off?

怎么回事,森林惹到你了?

Joey: No. You know how we're always saying we need a place for the mail.

我们一直说需要一个放信件的地方。

Chandler: Yeah! Well, I started building one. But then I decided to take it to the next step.

哇! 所以我就动工了,然后呢 我决定更上一层楼。

Chandler: You're building a post office?

你要盖邮局?

Joey: No, an entertainment unit, with a mail cubby built right in. It's a one day job, max.

不是,是一个娱乐专用柜。内含信件柜。顶多一天就能搞定。

Chandler: Ok. My word! Those are snug.

好。天呐!还真贴身啊。

Joey: Oh yeah. These are my old work pants, Sergio Valente's.

这是我的旧工作裤。"塞尔吉奥瓦伦特"。

Joey: Power saw kinda got away from me there.

刚才电锯有点失控。

Rachel: Hey Pheebs. Hey! Any sign of your brother?

嘿,菲比。 嘿! 你弟出现了吗?

Phoebe: No, but he's always late.

还没,不过他很爱迟到。

Rachel: I thought you only met him once?

你不是只见过他一次?

Phoebe: Yeah, I did. I think it sounds like you know big sistery, you know, 'Frank's always late.' So.

是啊。这样讲很像姐姐的样子,"弗兰克老是迟到"。

Rachel: Well relax, he'll be here.

别急,他会来的。

Phoebe: No, I know, I'm just nervous. You know I, it's just you know mom's dead, don't talk to my sister, Grandma's been sleeping a lot lately.

我知道,我只是很紧张。我妈死了,我不和我姐说话。外婆最近都在睡觉。

It's just like the last desperate chance to have a family, you know, kinda thing. You're so sweet to wait with me.

这是我拥有家人的最后机会。你真好,还陪我等。

Rachel: Well, actually Gunther sent me. You're not allowed to take cups out here, it's a thing.

事实上,是甘瑟叫我来的,杯子不能拿出来。

Chandler: Does anyone else think David Copperfield is cute?

还有谁觉得大卫科波菲尔可爱?

Monica: No, but he told me, he thinks you're a fox.

没有,不过他告诉我,他觉得你是个迷人的时髦女郎。

Chandler: All right, Janice, likes him. In fact she likes him so much she put him on her freebie list.

珍妮丝喜欢他。事实上,她非常喜欢他,把他放进她的"免费赠品"名单里。

Joey: Her what?

她的什么?

Chandler: Well, we have a deal, where we each get to pick five celebrities that we can sleep with, and the other one can't get mad.

我们说好,一人可以挑五个名人上床。另一个人不准生气。

Ross: Ah, the heart of every healthy relationship. Honesty, respect, and sex with celebrities.

每一对儿健康男女关系的中心是:诚实、尊重、与名人上床。

Monica: So, Chandler, who's on your list?

你的名单有谁?

Chandler: Ah, Kim Basinger, Cindy Crawford, Halle Berry, Yasmine Bleeth, and ah, Jessica Rabbit.

金贝辛格、辛迪克劳馥、哈利贝、杰丝敏布丽丝和兔子杰西卡。

Chandler: Ah, Now, you do realize that she's a cartoon, and way out of your league?

你知道她是卡通人物,而且和你不是一个物种吧?

Chandler: I know, I know, I just always wondered if I could get her eyes to pop out of her head.

我知道,我是看看,我能不能让她的眼珠弹出来。

Joey: Man this is such a great thing. You know, Annie Esposito would never have dumped me had we had a list like this, you know?

这真是个好主意。如果我当初也有这么一个名单的话,安妮也不会甩了我,你知道吗?

Oh, and also of course if her sister was famous. Hey, Monica, who would yours be?

哦,当然了,如果她妹妹是名人的话。嘿,莫妮卡,你会选谁?

Monica: First, I need a boyfriend, then I can have a list.

我得先交男朋友,才能列名单。

Joey: It's a game Mon. Rach, how about you?

只是个游戏,莫。瑞秋,你呢?

Rachel: Oh, I don't know, I guess, Chris O'Donnell, John F.Kennedy, Jr. , Daniel Day Lewis, Sting, and Parker Stevenson.

不晓得,应该是克里斯奥唐纳、 小约翰F肯尼迪丹、尼尔戴路易斯、史汀和帕克斯蒂文森。

Spiderman?

《蜘蛛侠》?

Rachel: Hardy Boy.

《硬汉》。

Chandler: Peter Parker. Thank you.

是彼得帕克。 谢谢。

Rachel: What about you honey, who would be on your list?

你呢?你会选谁?

Ross: Why, you know, that that kinda thing requires some serious thought.

这种事需要深思熟虑。

First, I'll divide my prospective candidates into categories...

我会先把可能人选分门别类

Chandler: What a geek!

怪人!

Phoebe: Everybody this is Frank! This is my half brother Frank. Oh, hi.

各位,这是弗兰克,我同父异母的弟弟。 哦,嘿。

Phoebe: This is everybody. This is, this is Ross.

就是他们。这是罗斯。

Frank: How are you? Hey.

你好吗? 嘿。

Phoebe: Chandler. Hi. Hi. Joey. Hey hey! Hey. This is Monica.

钱德。 嘿。 乔伊。 嘿。 嘿。 这是莫妮卡。

Frank: Whoa! And this is Rachel. Hi! Whoa! !

哇! 这是瑞秋。 嘿。 哇!!

Phoebe: I'm gonna get coffee, for us.

我去倒点咖啡。

Frank: Hey, how do you guys get anything done?

你们男人怎么有心思做得了事?

Chandler: We don't, really.

我们是没做什么事。

Rachel: Well, so now, do you guys have a lot of big plans?

你们有什么计划吗?

Phoebe: Oh yeah! Yeah, no, we're gonna connect, you know bond, and everything.

有,我们要好好的联络感情。

Frank: Yeah, I was thinking maybe we could go out down to Time Square and pick up some ninja stars.

我们会去时代广场,买几个忍者明星。

And, oh, um, my friend Larry, he wants me to take a picture of a hooker.

我朋友,赖瑞,托我拍妓女的照片。

Chandler: You know, we really don't take advantage of living in the city. I know.

我们都没有充分利用住在这里的优势。 我知道。

Joey: Oh, sorry. Did I get ya?

抱歉,我钻到你了?

Chandler: No, you didn't get me! It's an electric drill, you get me, you kill me!

没有,你没有钻到我!那是电钻。你要是钻到我,我就死了!

Joey: Calm down, do you want this unit or not?

别激动,你要不要这个柜子嘛?

Chandler: I do NOT want this unit! !

我不要这个柜子!

Joey: Well, you should've told me that before, I'm not a mind reader.

你应该早告诉我的,我又不会读心术。

Hey, we're out of beer. Ok, I'm going to Monica's.

没有啤酒了,我要去莫妮卡那边。

Chandler: Fine!

很好!

Monica: Hey! Where're ya heading in those pants? 1982?

你穿这样要去哪里?1982年?

Joey: Oh Monica, listen, I ah, I saw down at the hardware store, they got those designer tiles on sale, if you wanna redo your bathroom floor.

对了,我在装潢建材店,看到名牌瓷砖在特价。你可以重铺浴室地板。

Monica: What's wrong with my bathroom floor?

我的浴室地板怎么了?

Joey: Nothing. It's just old and dingy, that's all.

没什么,只是又旧又暗。

Monica: I highly doubt that.

没有这回事。

Joey: Oh yeah? If you ah, move your hamper, you can see the color the tile used to be. Yeah.

真的?你把筐移开,就能看到瓷砖原来的颜色。

Monica: I can't live like this! What what are we gonna do? What are we gonna do?

这样我怎么住!怎么办?

Joey: Relax, relax. Here, hold this. This old stuff comes right up. I'll show ya.

别激动,拿着。瓷砖一撬就掉,我弄给你看。

Monica: Little more than I wanted to see.

我没想到你要撬它。

Joey: Aw! Look at that, every inch of this is glued down. It'd take forever to pry this up.

哇!你看看,黏得多死啊。撬也撬不完。

You should ah, you should just leave it.

我看你别管了。

Monica: I can't leave it! You gouged a hole in my dingy floor.

怎么能不管,你在我的旧地板上撬了个洞。

Joey: Eh! There you go.

这样就好了。

Monica: Aww. Yeah that's nice, you know we could put it back there after the surgeons remove it from your colon!

挺好的。等外科医生把这个从你的结肠取出来之后就可以放回原位了!

Give me a new floor!

还我一个新地板!

Joey: l can't. Monica. Chandler will kill me if l don't finish the unit.

不行,我要是完不成那个柜子钱德会杀了我。

Monica: l'll pay you double what he's paying you.

我会付你双倍于他给你的价格 .

Joey: He's not paying me anything.

他没给我钱。

Monica: Triple.

三倍。

Phoebe: Oh, ew! What?

哦! 什么?

Phoebe: Yeah, I know what I wanted to ask you. Um, can you roll your tongue?

我知道我要问什么了,你会卷舌头吗?

'cause I can, and my mom couldn't, and I thought you know, I figured that was something I got from our dad.

因为我会,但是我妈不会。我想那一定是爸的遗传。

Frank: What, wait, you mean like this?

等一下,你是说这样?

Phoebe: Yeah, yeah. You can do it too, yeah.

对,你也会。

Frank: You're not doing it.

你没有卷啊。

Phoebe: Oh right, ok, yeah, my mom could, and I can't. We don't have that...

好吧。所以是我妈会,我不会。我们这一点不一样

Frank: When's your birthday?

你的生日是哪一天?

Phoebe: February 16th.

2月16日。

Frank: I know a guy who's the 18th.

我认识一个18日的人。

Phoebe: That's close. When's yours?

蛮近的。你的生日呢?

Frank: October 25th.

10月25日。

Phoebe: That's the same month as Halloween. Yeah.

跟万圣节同一个月。 是的。

Phoebe: Yeah. So, um, what kinda things do you like to do at home?

你在家里喜欢做什么?

Frank: Melt stuff.

熔化东西。

Ross: Ok, I've got three of my five.

好,我已经挑了三个。

Rachel: Three of your five, what?

三个什么?

Ross: Celebrities I'm allowed to sleep with.

可以上床的名人。

Rachel: Oh my God! You are giving this a lot of thought.

天哪,你还真慎重。

Ross: Hey, it's hard, ok? I only have two spots left.

很难挑好吗?我只剩两个空缺。

Chandler: All right, so who you got it narrowed down to?

你筛选出谁了?

Ross: Okay, Elizabeth Hurely.

伊丽莎白赫莉。

Chandler: Oooh hoo, very attractive, forgiving.

哦,很迷人,心胸宽大。

Ross: Susan Sarandon.

苏珊莎兰登。

Chandler: Eh, You know what? She's too political.

她太热衷政治了。

She'd probably make you donate four cans of food first.

她可能会叫你先捐四个罐头。

Ross: And Isabella Rosselini.

还有伊莎贝拉罗塞里尼。

Ross: Very hot. Very sexy.

很辣、很性感。

But ah, you know, she's too international, you know she's never gonna be around.

但是太国际化了,她不会跑来美国的。

Rachel: So? So, you gotta play the odds, pick somebody who's gonna be in the country like all the time.

所以呢? 所以你得掌握胜算。挑一个会一直在国内的人。

Rachel: Yeah, 'cause that's why you won't get Isabella Rosselini, geography.

对啊,你之所以得不到她,是地理因素。

Phoebe: Ok so, by melting, you meant melting.

你说的"熔化"就是熔化啊。

Frank: Yeah.

是啊。

Phoebe: So is it like art?

这是艺术吗?

Frank: Yeah, you can melt art. Hey, can I use your phone?

要熔化艺术也可以。可以借个电话吗?

Phoebe: Um, yeah sure. Why, you wanna call your mom?

当然,你要打给你妈?

Frank: No, I wanna melt it. No, just the numbers. It'll still work.

不是,我想拿来熔化。只溶化数字键,这样电话还能用。

Phoebe: Oh, well um, not right now.

现在不行。

You know what I think I'm just gonna go to bed, I think the fumes are giving me a headache, so.

我要去睡了,烟熏得我头痛。

Frank: Yeah!

好!

Phoebe: Good night. , bro.

晚安,老弟。

Frank: Good night.

晚安。

Phoebe: Here. You know, just in case.

拿去。以防万一。

Frank: Oh, excellent.

太好了。

Monica: What kind of karate is that?

那是什么空手道?

Phoebe: No kind. He just makes it up.

什么都不是。那是他自创的。

Monica: So how's it go with you guys?

你们处得怎样?

Phoebe: So far, it kind of blows.

目前为止还是蛮烂的。

I don't know, I just thought, you know, that he'd feel more like a brother,

我以为他会更有兄弟的感觉,

you know, like you and Ross, just like close and connected and...

就像你和罗斯,亲密融洽

Monica: Oh honey, we're close now but you you wouldn't believe the years of of nugies, and wedgies, and flying wedgies, and atomic wedgies, and...

哦甜心,现在是很亲,但是以前我们敲脑壳,扯内裤,飞翔级扯内裤,原子级扯内裤

That's where the waistband actually goes over your head.

然后裤腰就会被扯到头上来。

Phoebe: Ah! ! Oh, we used to drive each other crazy playing the shadow game.

啊!! 我们还玩影子游戏让对方发狂。

Phoebe: Oh, how do you play the shadow game? Oh, how do you play the shadow game?

什么是影子游戏? 什么是影子游戏?

Phoebe: I just asked you. I just asked you.

我在问你啊。 我在问你啊。

Phoebe: I don't have time for this.

我没空跟你闹。

Monica: No, that is what the game is. Which you just gave up really quickly.

这就是影子游戏。 你放弃得真快。

Chandler: Have you seen Joey? What's the matter?

有看到乔伊吗? 怎么了?

Chandler: Oh, just this! You know what, it's my fault really, because the couch is where we usually keep the varnish.

就是这个!其实是我不好,沙发就是用来放亮光漆的。

Joey: Hey, somebody wanna hand me one of those tiles?

有没有人把瓷砖拿给我?

Chandler: What's going on? He's retiling my floor.

怎么回事?他在帮我重铺地板。

分享到
重点单词
  • removev. 消除,除去,脱掉,搬迁 n. 去除,间距
  • varnishn. 油漆,掩饰,光泽面,指甲油 v. 粉饰,涂油漆于,
  • entertainmentn. 娱乐
  • hampern. 大篮子 vt. 阻止,妨碍
  • designern. 设计者
  • bondn. 债券,结合,粘结剂,粘合剂 vt. 使结合,为 .
  • tilen. 瓦片,瓷砖 v. 盖瓦,铺瓷砖
  • headingn. 标题,题目,航向 动词head的现在分词
  • colonn. 冒号,结肠,科朗(哥斯达黎加和萨尔瓦多的货币单位)
  • dingyadj. 肮脏的,昏暗的