看电影《辛普森一家》学英语第35期:密不透风的窃听
日期:2013-10-14 11:47

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

So, Mom, what's our pIan? What are you doing up there?
妈,我们有什么计划?你在那上面干什么?
Looking through peopIe's Iuggage.
我在翻大家的行李
I'm the mascot of an eviI corporation.
我是恶魔公司的吉祥物
Get down from there. We have to keep a Iow profiIe. . .
你给我下来!我们要低调一点…
tiII we get to SeattIe to teII the worId of the pIot to destroy SpringfieId.
在到达西雅图向世人宣布 摧毁斯普林菲尔德的阴谋之前
I don't know if you guys shouId be taIking so Ioud.
你们是不是不应该这么大声说这事啊?
Oh, Lisa, it's not Iike the government is Iistening to everybody's conversation.
丽莎,政府不会监听公民对话的
Hi, I'm calling about your Meat Lover's pizza,
嘿,我要谈谈你们的"肉欲情人"匹萨
I like meat, but I don 't know if I'm ready to love again,
我喜欢吃肉,可是不确定是否会重投爱河
You hang up first, -No, you hang up first,
你先挂电话,不,你先
Okay
好吧
She hung up on me!
她居然挂我电话!
But we're fugitives, We should just lay low till we get to Seattle,
我们现在是逃犯 在到达西雅图前要低调
Hey, everybody, I found one!
嘿,我找到了!
The government actuaIIy found someone we're Iooking for!
政府居然成功找到了缉拿的罪犯!
Yeah, baby, yeah!
哇!太好啦!


妙语佳句

1.mascot
n. 吉祥物;福神(等于mascotte)
What are the themes and the mascot?
大赛的主题歌和吉祥物是什麽?

2.profile
n. 侧面;轮廓;外形;剖面;简况
vt. 描…的轮廓;扼要描述
vi. 给出轮廓
They can also add any special projects or needs to their profile at any time.
他们还可以随时在各自的简介上添加任何特殊项目或需求。

剧情百科

马芝和她的孩子终于踏上了去斯普林菲尔德的路上了,当她们在大声谈论作战计划时,美国政府窃听到她们的计划了……

考考你 Q&A
Please fill in the blanks with the proper words

1.And I can show that to you-- at least I can ______ ______ ______.
我可以展示给你们看-,至少我可以尝试一下。

2.Finally, America is not ______ ______ ______ ______another war, as opinion polls demonstrate.
最后,美国没情绪打另一场战争,正如民意测验所证明的那样。

本期答案见下期

上期答案:

1.Be it that you are poor, I will still love you.
即使你穷,我还会爱你。

2.If they do, we will tell you what is happening and work to put them right.
如果问题确实发生,我们将告诉公众发生了什么事情并努力(使一切)恢复正常。

分享到
重点单词
  • demonstratevt. 示范,演示,证明 vi. 示威
  • corporationn. 公司,法人,集团
  • conversationn. 会话,谈话