影视精讲《傲慢与偏见》第55期:凯萨琳夫人劝伊莉莎白离开达西
日期:2012-10-16 16:49

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

You can be at no loss to understand why I am here.
妳知道我为什麽来
I cannot account for this honour at all.
我想不出来怎有这种荣幸
I warn you, I am not to be trifled with.
班奈特小姐 我警告妳,不要耍我
A most alarming report has reached me.
我听到一个惊人的消息
That you intend to be united with my nephew, Mr Darcy.
妳有意与我外甥 达西先生联姻
I know this to be a falsehood. Though not wishing to injure him
我知道这是谎言 我不想信以为真而伤害他
by supposing it possible, I instantly set off to make my sentiments known.
妳应该了解我来找妳的目的
If you believed it impossible, I wonder that you came so far.
若妳认为不可能 何必大老远跑来?
To hear it contradicted.
我要听妳亲口否认
Your coming will be a confirmation if such a report exists.
如果有这样的传闻 妳的光临就能证明
If? You pretend to be ignorant of it?
如果?妳假装不知有这回事?
Has it not been industriously circulated by yourself?
不是妳自己努力散布的吗?
I have never heard of it.
我从没听过这回事
Can you declare there is no foundation for it?
妳能说这毫无根据吗?
I do not pretend to possess equal frankness with your Ladyship.
我可不想假装和妳一样坦白
You may ask a question which I may choose not to answer.
妳可以问问题 我不一定要回答
Has my nephew made you an offer of marriage?
我外甥跟妳求婚了吗?
Your Ladyship has declared it to be impossible.
夫人已宣称这是不可能的
Mr Darcy is engaged to my daughter. Now what have you to say?
达西先生已跟我女儿订婚 妳有什麽话要说?
If that is the case, you cannot suppose he would make an offer to me.
若是如此 妳就没有理由认为他跟我求婚
Selfish girl. This union has been planned since their infancy.
妳这自私的女孩 他们从小就配对了

重点解释
妙语佳句:
at no loss:知道,反义词是at a loss, 无知所措
例如:Picasso you are the believers, no longer abstract abstract style, let me at a loss.
你却是毕加索的信徒, 抽象再抽象的画风让我无所适从.
No, I am at a loss for the size.
没有, 我找不到合适的尺寸.

account for:导致,引起,解释
例如:Now, the gene they discovered today doesn't account for all those cases.
不过,他们现在发现的基因无法解释所有的病例。
How do you account for the company's alarmingly high staff turnover?...
你怎么解释这家公司高得令人忧虑的人员流动率?

trifle with:视同儿戏; 玩忽
例如:He was not someone to be trifled with...
对他可不能小觑。
No man in Tabriz trifled with the executioner.
在大不里士没人敢轻视行刑者。

剧情百科常识:


这一打击使达西第一次认识到骄傲自负所带来的恶果,他痛苦地离开了她,临走前留下一封长信作了几点解释:他承认宾利不辞而别是他促使的,原因是他不满班纳特太太和班纳特小姐们的轻浮和鄙俗(不包括简和伊丽莎白),并且认为简并没有真正钟情于宾利;威克汉姆说的却全是谎言,事实是威克汉姆自己把那笔遗产挥霍殆尽,还企图勾引达西的妹妹乔治安娜私奔。伊丽莎白读信后十分后悔,既对错怪达西感到内疚,又为母亲和妹妹的行为羞愧。

考考你:
申请无传真的垫款现金贷款,将能帮你解决这些问题.
我们如何能解释最近人口激增的现象?
你不要疏忽你的健康。

答案下期公布
上一期的答案
We are still woefully ignorant of the causes of this disease.
How do you account for losing five games in a row?
We can't remain indifferent when any comrade is in difficulty.

分享到
重点单词
  • impossibleadj. 不可能的,做不到的 adj. 无法忍受的
  • franknessn. 率直;坦白
  • abstractn. 摘要,抽象的东西 adj. 抽象的,理论的 vt.
  • ignorantadj. 不知道的,无知的,愚昧的
  • foundationn. 基础,根据,建立 n. 粉底霜,基金会
  • declarev. 宣布,声明,申报
  • genen. 基因
  • understandvt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为
  • rown. 排,船游,吵闹 vt. 划船,成排 vi. 划船,
  • falsehoodn. 谎言,虚假