影视精讲《傲慢与偏见》第45期:维克把莉蒂亚拐跑了
日期:2012-09-19 16:07

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

It is the most dreadful news.

非常可怕的消息

Lydia has run away...

莉蒂亚跑了

with Mr Wickham.

跟维克先生私奔

They are gone to Lord knows where.

不知去了哪里

She has no money, no connections. I fear she is lost forever.

她没钱没势 我怕她会永远失踪

This is my fault.

这是我的错

If only I had exposed Wickham when I should.

我该早点揭发维克的真面目

No, this is my fault.

不,这是我的错

I might have prevented all this by being open with my sisters.

若我能跟我姊妹们讨论这件事就不会发生了

Has anything been done to recover her?

有没有人去找她?

My father has gone to London, but I know nothing can be done.

我爸去伦敦了 但我知道没有用

We have not the smallest hope.

我们没希望了

Would I could help you.

我能帮忙吗?

Sir, I think it is too late.

先生,我想已经太迟了

This is grave indeed. I will leave you. Goodbye.

这的确很严重 我先离开了,再见

We must go at once.

恐怕我们必须立刻出发

I will join Mr Bennet and find Lydia before she ruins the family.

我得在莉蒂亚毁了家族名声前 帮班奈特先生一起找她

Why did the Forsters let her out of their sight?

福斯特家 怎麽会让她跑掉?

I always said they were unfit to take charge of her.

我总是说他们管不住她

And now she is ruined. - You are all ruined.

现在她毁了 -妳们全都毁了

Who will take you now with a fallen sister?

有个堕落的妹妹 现在谁敢要妳们?

Poor Mr Bennet will now have to fight the perfidious Wickham

可怜的班奈特先生必须 和背信忘义的维克决斗

and then be killed.

然後送命


重点解释

妙语佳句:

expose:揭发

例如:The Budget does expose the lies ministers were telling a year ago...

预算案无疑揭穿了部长们一年前所说的谎话。

He has simply been exposed as an adulterer and a fool.

有人揭发他就是个奸夫和白痴。


perfidious:背信弃义的

例如:Their feet will trample on the dead bodies of their perfidious aggressors.

他们将从背信弃义的侵略者的尸体上踏过。

Even perfidious Anglo-Saxons agree on the need for change.

即使是无信的安格鲁萨克逊人也同意这种改革。


剧情百科常识:

柯林斯夫妇请伊丽莎白去他们家作客,伊丽莎白在那里遇到达西的姨妈凯瑟琳(Catherine)夫人,并且被邀去她的

罗辛斯山庄做客。不久,又见到了来那里过复活节的达西。达西无法抑制自己对伊丽莎白的爱慕之情,向她求婚,

但态度还是那么傲慢,加之伊丽莎白之前便对他有严重偏见,便坚决地谢绝了他的求婚。


考考你:

丑闻曝光后,贝利博士自杀了。

你说的那些背信弃义的话是很刻毒险恶的。


答案下期公布


上一期的答案

The man scrupled to perjure himself.

Would you condescend to accompany me?


分享到
重点单词
  • graven. 坟墓,墓穴 adj. 严肃的,严重的,庄重的
  • faultn. 缺点,过失,故障,毛病,过错,[地]断层 vt.
  • exposevt. 揭露,使暴露,使曝光,使面临
  • perfidiousadj. 不忠的,背信弃义的
  • tramplen. 踩踏 v. 践踏,轻视
  • exposedadj. 暴露的,无掩蔽的,暴露于风雨中的 v. 暴露,
  • accompanyvt. 陪伴,伴随,给 ... 伴奏 vi. 伴奏
  • budgetn. 预算 vt. 编预算,为 ... 做预算 vi.