影视精讲《傲慢与偏见》第32期:达西不善于与不认识的人交谈
日期:2012-08-28 15:11

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

I hope she practises.
我希望她勤练习
No excellence can be acquired without constant practice.
持续的练习才能表现出色
I've told Mrs Collins this.
我告诉过柯林斯先生这点
Though you have no instrument, you're welcome to come to Rosings
妳自己没有乐器 随时欢迎到罗新庄园
and play on the pianoforte in the housekeeper's room.
到管家房间练习钢琴?
You'll be in nobody's way in that part of the house.
谢谢 在那边妳不会打扰到任何人
You mean to frighten me by coming in all your state to hear me.
达西先生 你靠近是要听音乐还是想吓唬我?
But I won't be alarmed, even if your sister does play so well.
但我并不怕 虽然妳妹妹弹得很好
I know that I cannot alarm you even should I wish it.
我知道 即使我想,我也吓不了妳
What was my friend like in Hertfordshire?
我的朋友在哈福郡的表现如何?
Prepare yourself for something very dreadful.
准备听些可怕的事
The first time I saw him, he danced with nobody,
第一次见到他时 他不肯跟任何人跳舞
though gentlemen were scarce
即使当时绅士很少
and there was more than one lady without a partner.
没有舞伴的不只一位女士
I knew nobody beyond my own party.
除了我朋友,我不认识任何人
Nobody can be introduced at a ball.
大家在舞会中会互相介绍
Fitzwilliam, I need you.
费兹威廉,我需要你
I do not have the talent
我没有那种天份
of conversing easily with people I have never met before.
和没见过的人轻易交谈
Perhaps you should take your aunt's advice and practise.
也许你该听你姨妈的忠告 勤於练习

重点解释
妙语佳句:
acquire:获得
例如:General Motors acquired a 50% stake in Saab for about $400m...
通用汽车公司以大约4亿美元的价格购得了萨博汽车公司50%的股份。
I recently acquired some wood from a holly tree...
最近我从一棵冬青树上弄了些木料。

constant:不断的
例如:She suggests that women are under constant pressure to be abnormally thin...
她暗示说女性总是处在保持身材异常瘦削的压力之下。
Inflation is a constant threat...
通货膨胀始终是个威胁。

dreadful:可怕的
例如:They told us the dreadful news...
他们告诉了我们那糟糕透顶的消息。
My financial situation is dreadful.
我的经济状况一团糟。

剧情百科常识:


第二年夏天,伊丽莎白随舅父母来到达西的庄园彭伯里,在管家的门口了解到达西在当地很受人们尊敬,而且对他妹妹乔治安娜非常爱护。伊丽莎白在树林中偶遇刚到家的达西,发现他的态度大大改观,对她的舅父母彬彬有礼,渐渐地她对他的偏见消除了。正当其时,伊丽莎白接到家信,说小妹莉迪亚(Lydia)随身负累累赌债的威克汉姆私奔了。这种家丑使伊丽莎白非常难堪,以为达西会更瞧不起自己。但事实出乎她的意料,达西得知上述消息以后,便想办法替她解决了难题——不仅替威克汉姆还清赌债,还给了他一笔巨款,让他与莉迪亚完婚。自此以后,伊丽莎白往日对达西的种种偏见统统化为真诚之爱。

考考你:
要想造就高深的学问,就得从字母学起。
4个月来,他一直陪伴在她身边。
我不能想像在这么糟的情况下该怎么办。

答案下期公布

上一期的答案
The handsome young man excited affection in a girl.
They may grant you power,honour,and riches but afflict you with servitude,infamy,and poverty.

分享到
重点单词
  • povertyn. 贫困,贫乏
  • pressuren. 压力,压强,压迫 v. 施压
  • staken. 桩,赌注,利害关系 v. 下注,用桩支撑
  • servituden. 苦役,奴役 n. [法]役劝
  • acquirevt. 获得,取得,学到
  • infamyn. 声名狼藉,丑名,丑行
  • instrumentn. 乐器,工具,仪器,器械
  • affectionn. 慈爱,喜爱,感情,影响
  • grantn. 授予物,补助金; 同意,给予 n. 财产转让 vt
  • excellencen. 优秀,卓越,优点