影视精讲《傲慢与偏见》第46期:姨夫来信说找到莉蒂亚了
日期:2012-09-20 13:35

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

He hasn't found him yet, Mama.
妈妈,他还没找到他
Mr Collins will turn us out before he is cold.
柯林斯先生会在他尸骨未寒前 把我们撵出房子
Do not be so alarmed. Our uncle is in London helping in the search.
不要这麽惊慌 姨父在伦敦帮忙找人了
Lydia must know what this must be doing to my nerves.
莉蒂亚一定知道 这对我的神经会有什麽影响
Such flutterings and spasms all over me!
我不安又全身痉挛
My baby Lydia, my baby!
我的宝贝莉蒂亚,我的宝贝
How could she do such a thing to her poor mama?
她怎能对她可怜的妈妈 做出这种事?
You can't do that! - Don't be such a baby.
妳不能那样 - 别这麽孩子气了
Kitty, give it to me. - Who's it for?
小凯,给我 - 写给谁的?
It's addressed to Papa.
上面写着爸爸
It's in Uncle's writing.
是姨父的字
Papa, there's a letter.
爸爸,有你的信
Let me catch my breath. - It's in Uncle's writing.
让我喘口气 - 是姨父写来的
He's found them. - Are they married?
他找到他们了 - 他们结婚了吗?
I can't make out his script. - Give it to me.
我看不清楚他的草书 - 给我
Are they married?
他们结婚了吗?
They will be if Father settles £1 00 a year on her. That is his condition.
他的条件是 如果爸爸一年给她一百镑就娶她
You will agree to this, Father? - Of course.
爸爸,你同意吧? - 当然?
God knows how much your uncle must've laid on that wretched man.
谁知道你姨父花了多少钱 在那卑鄙的人身上
What do you mean?
是什麽意思?
No man would marry Lydia
没有人会娶莉蒂亚
under so slight a temptation as £1 00 a year.
只为了一年区区一百镑

重点解释
妙语佳句:
flutter:快速跳动;还有奔走的意思
例如:She'd been fluttering about in the kitchen.
她一直在厨房里忙前忙后。
The look in his eyes made my heart flutter.
他的眼神让我心里扑通扑通直跳。

spasm:痉挛; 抽搐
例如:A muscular spasm in the coronary artery can cause a heart attack...
冠状动脉的肌肉痉挛可能导致心脏病。
Kemp felt a spasm of fear.
肯普突然感到一阵恐惧。

wretched:卑鄙的
例如:Wretched woman, he thought, why the hell can't she wait?...
他想,可恶的女人,她怎么就不能等一等呢?
Theft is something that really disgusts me. It makes me feel hateful towards this whole wretched island.
偷窃是让我深恶痛绝的事情,它让我对这整个该死的岛都充满仇视。


剧情百科常识:


这一打击使达西第一次认识到骄傲自负所带来的恶果,他痛苦地离开了她,临走前留下一封长信作了几点解释:他承认宾利不辞而别是他促使的,原因是他不满班纳特太太和班纳特小姐们的轻浮和鄙俗(不包括简和伊丽莎白),并且认为简并没有真正钟情于宾利;威克汉姆说的却全是谎言,事实是威克汉姆自己把那笔遗产挥霍殆尽,还企图勾引达西的妹妹乔治安娜私奔。伊丽莎白读信后十分后悔,既对错怪达西感到内疚,又为母亲和妹妹的行为羞愧。

考考你:
女人们做好婚礼准备后显得不安。
她喉咙抽搐着,说不出话来。
他们在济贫院里过的生活真悲惨!

答案下期公布

上一期的答案
After the scandal was exposed, Dr Bailey committed suicide.
Your perfidious gossip is malicious and dangerous.

分享到
重点单词
  • exposedadj. 暴露的,无掩蔽的,暴露于风雨中的 v. 暴露,
  • alarmedadj. 受惊的;焦虑的;惊恐的 v. 报警(alarm
  • fluttern. 摆动,鼓翼,烦扰 v. 摆动,鼓翼,烦扰
  • temptationn. 诱惑,引诱
  • arteryn. 动脉,主流,干道
  • scriptn. 手稿,脚本,手迹 vt. 为...准备手稿
  • muscularadj. 肌肉的,肌肉发达的
  • kitchenn. 厨房,(全套)炊具,灶间
  • scandaln. 丑闻,中伤,反感,耻辱
  • slightadj. 轻微的,微小的,纤细的,脆弱的 vt. 轻视,