影视精讲《傲慢与偏见》第28期:伊利莎白去凯萨琳夫人家做客
日期:2012-08-24 17:27

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

So don't judge me, Lizzie. Don't you dare judge me.
不要评断我,莉西 - 妳休想评断我
Dear Charlotte, thank you for your letter.
亲爱的夏绿蒂 谢谢妳的来信
I'm glad the house, furniture and roads are to your taste,
我很高兴房子、家俱 以及旅途,都合妳的品味
and that Lady Catherine's behaviour is friendly and obliging.
还有凯萨琳夫人友善又亲切
What with your departure, Jane's to London
妳离开後,珍到伦敦
and the militia to the North with the colourful Mr Wickham,
还有可爱的维克先生 随民兵团到北部
I must confess, the view from where I sit has been rather grey.
我得承认眼前的景色相当灰暗
As for the favour you ask, it is no favour at all.
至於妳的要求 根本不算什麽
I would be happy to visit you at your earliest convenience.
只要妳方便,我就去拜访妳
Welcome to our humble abode.
欢迎光临寒舍
My wife encourages me to spend time in the garden for my health.
我太太鼓励我多花时间在花园 以保持健康
I think our guest is tired after her journey.
我想我们的客人旅途劳顿
I plan many improvements. I intend to throw out a bough and plant a

lime walk.
还有很多地方要改善 丢掉粗树枝,弄些莱姆树步道
I flatter myself that any young lady would be happy
我想任何年轻女性都很乐意
to be the mistress of such a house.
成为这栋房子的女主人
We shan't be disturbed here.
在这里没人会打搅我们?
This parlour is for my own particular use.
这里属於我
Oh, Lizzie, it's such a pleasure to run my own home.
伊莉莎白 管理自己的家实在真好?
Charlotte, come here! - What's happened?
夏绿蒂,过来 - 怎麽了?
Has the pig escaped again? Oh, it's Lady Catherine.
猪又逃走了吗? 是凯萨琳夫人
Come and see, Lizzie.
伊莉莎白,来看看

重点解释
妙语佳句:
obliging:有礼貌的
例如:He is an extremely pleasant and obliging man.
他是个非常友善、古道热肠的人。
He is very obliging. He's sure to help if you ask him.
他好说话儿,求求他准行。

humble:简陋的;谦逊的
例如:He gave a great performance, but he was very humble...
他的表演非常出色,但他却很谦虚。
There are restaurants, both humble and expensive, that specialize in them...
专门做这些菜的餐馆既有毫不起眼的也有价格昂贵的。

flatter: 奉承
例如:I knew she was just flattering me.
我知道她只是在恭维我。
a story of how the president flattered and feted him into taking his side.
有关总统如何恭维并盛宴款待他、让他站到自己一边的故事
flatter yourself that :自认为;自以为是
例如:I flatter myself that this campaign will put an end to the war...
我自认为这次战役将结束这场战争。

剧情百科常识:


小乡绅班纳特有五个待嫁闺中的千金,班纳特太太整天操心着为女儿们物色称心如意的丈夫。   
新来的邻居宾利(Bingley)是个有钱的单身汉,他立即成了班纳特太太追猎的目标。在一次舞会上,宾利对班纳特家的大女儿简(Jane)一见钟情,班纳特太太为此欣喜若狂。

考考你:
他是第一流的好人,总是乐于帮助别人。
我们一定要谦虚,因为我们周围充满了我们还不理解的事物。
你真自以为是。我们为什么要费那么大的力气?

答案下期公布

上一期的答案
Driven to distraction, he murdered the woman who jilted him.
Her death will be an impossible burden on Paul.

分享到
重点单词
  • campaignn. 运动,活动,战役,竞选运动 v. 从事运动,参加竞
  • performancen. 表演,表现; 履行,实行 n. 性能,本事
  • departuren. 离开,出发,分歧
  • particularadj. 特殊的,特别的,特定的,挑剔的 n. 个别项目
  • extremelyadv. 极其,非常
  • flatteringadj. 奉承的;谄媚的
  • impossibleadj. 不可能的,做不到的 adj. 无法忍受的
  • confessv. 承认,告白,忏悔
  • flatterv. 阿谀奉承,取悦,炫耀 n. 平整工具
  • intendvt. 想要,计划,打算,意指