影视精讲《傲慢与偏见》第27期:夏绿蒂与柯林斯先生订婚了
日期:2012-08-23 13:40

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Still, a girl likes to be crossed in love now and then.
但女孩偶尔总是会坠入爱河的
It gives her something to think of
让她有点东西可想
and a sort of distinction amongst her companions.
并让她与同伴有所不同
I'm sure that will cheer her up, Papa. - It's your turn now, Lizzie.
我相信这会让她开心,爸爸 - 现在轮到妳了,伊莉莎白
You've turned down Collins.
妳拒绝了柯林斯
You're free to go off and be jilted yourself.
妳可以自由地恋爱或被抛弃
What about Mr Wickham?
维克先生如何?
He's a pleasant fellow and he'd do the job credibly.
他令人愉悦且认真工作
Father... - And you have an affectionate mother
爸爸… - 妳还有个亲爱的母亲?
who would make the most of it.
会善加利用这点
Charlotte! - My dear Lizzie.
夏绿蒂 - 我亲爱的伊莉莎白
I've come her to tell you the news. Mr Collins and I are... engaged.
我要告诉妳一件事 柯林斯先生和我…订婚了
Engaged? - Yes.
订婚? - 是的
To be married? - What other kind of engaged is there?
要结婚? - 当然,不然还有哪种订婚?
For heaven's sake, Lizzie, don't look at me like that.
看在老天份上,伊莉莎白 别那样看我
I should be as happy with him as any other.
我跟他应该会很快乐的
But he's ridiculous. - Oh, hush.
但他很可笑 - 别太苛刻
Not all of us can afford to be romantic.
不是所有人都能享受浪漫
I've been offered a comfortable home and protection.
他提供我舒适的家和保护
There's a lot to be thankful for.
我已经充满感激了
I'm 27 years old. I've no money and no prospects.
我已经27岁 我没钱也没未来
I'm already a burden to my parents.
我已经是我父母的负担
And I'm frightened.
而且我很害怕

重点解释
妙语佳句:
jilt:抛弃
例如:She was jilted by her first fiancé.
她被她第一个未婚夫甩了。
Police want to interview her jilted lover.
警方想找那个被她抛弃的情人来问话。

burden:负担,打击
例如:The developing countries bear the burden of an enormous external debt...
发展中国家背负着巨额外债。
They don't go around with the burdens of the world on their shoulders the whole time...
他们不会一直背负整个世界的重担。
burdens sb with something:使某人因某事烦恼
例如:We decided not to burden him with the news.
我们决定不拿这个消息去烦他。

剧情百科常识:


根据简·奥斯汀同名小说改编。伊丽莎白·班纳特(凯拉·奈特丽 饰)出身于小地主家庭,有四个姐妹,母亲班纳特太太整天操心着为女儿物色称心如意的丈夫。新来的邻居宾格来先生和他的朋友达西(马修·麦克菲迪恩 饰)打破了她们一家人单调的乡村生活。宾格来和伊丽莎白的姐姐简·班纳特互生情愫;达西对善良聪明的伊丽莎白产生了好感,而伊丽莎白却对达西不可一世的傲慢心存偏见,不接受他的感情。然而,世事难料,宾格来和简·班纳特因为误会,关系危在旦夕;达西的种种作为,展示了性格中和伊丽莎白相同的善良一面,逐渐赢得了伊丽莎白的好感。两对有情人能否终成眷属?班纳特姐妹们能否得到自己想要的生活......

考考你:
他被逼得发狂,于是杀死了抛弃他的那个女人。
她的去世将给保罗带来难以承受的打击。

答案下期公布

上一期的答案
Man will suffer many disappointments in his quest for truth.
His gentle, kindly appearance did not deceive me.

分享到
重点单词
  • prospectsn. 预期;前景;潜在顾客;远景展望
  • appearancen. 外表,外貌,出现,出场,露面
  • ridiculousadj. 荒谬的,可笑的
  • gentleadj. 温和的,轻柔的,文雅的,温顺的,出身名门的
  • deceivevt. 欺骗 vi. 行骗
  • affectionateadj. 情深的,充满情爱的
  • romanticadj. 浪漫的 n. 浪漫的人
  • engagedadj. 忙碌的,使用中的,订婚了的
  • questn. 探索,寻求 v. 寻找,搜索
  • hushn. 肃静,安静,沉默 vi. 安静下来,掩饰 vt.