影视精讲《傲慢与偏见》第24期:伊丽莎白拒绝了柯林斯的求婚
日期:2012-08-20 22:05

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

My object in coming to Longbourn was to choose such a one
我的目标是到龙柏园
from among Mr Bennet's daughters,
选择班奈特先生的女儿之一
for I am to inherit the estate
因为我将继承这片产业
and such an alliance will surely...
这种联姻当然
suit everyone.
最适合对大家都好每个人
And now nothing remains but for me to assure you in the most animated language
现在我要以最生动的语言 向妳保证
of the violence of my affections. - Mr Collins!
我激烈的情感 - 柯林斯先生
And no reproach on the subject of fortune
等我们婚後
will cross my lips once we're married. - You forget I have given no answer.
我绝不会提起两家财富的差距 - 你太急了,我还没回应
Lady Catherine will thoroughly approve when I speak to her
等我向凯萨琳夫人报告 她一定会完全赞同?
of your modesty, economy and other amiable qualities.
妳的谦虚节俭 及其它可爱的特质
Sir, I am honoured by your proposal, but I regret that I must decline it.
先生,我对你的求婚感到光荣 但很遗憾我必须拒绝
I know ladies don't seek to seem too eager...
我知道小姐们不太热切…
Mr Collins, I am perfectly serious. You could not make me happy.
柯林斯先生,我是认真的 你不可能让我快乐
And I'm the last woman in the world who could make you happy.
我是全世界 最不可能让你幸福的女人
I flatter myself that your refusal is merely a natural delicacy.
我要自我贴金的认为 妳的拒绝是自然的矜持
Besides, despite manifold attractions,
而且,虽然妳很迷人
it is by no means certain another offer of marriage will ever be made to you.
但妳不可能曾经被其他人求婚过
I must conclude that you simply seek to increase my love by suspense,
我得认为妳只是吊我胃口 来增加我对妳的爱
according to the usual practice of elegant females.
先生 - 这是一些优雅女性的行为
I am not the sort of female to torment a respectable man.
先生 我不是那种爱折磨男人的女性
Please understand me, I cannot accept you.
请你了解,我不能接受你

重点解释
妙语佳句:
alliance:联姻,结盟
例如:The two parties were still too much apart to form an alliance.
两党分歧甚大,还远未能结成同盟。
at will be the effect of the alliance between IBM and Apple?...
若IBM公司和苹果公司联合将会有什么效果呢?

amiable:温和的
例如:She had been surprised at how amiable and polite he had seemed.
看到他如此和蔼可亲、彬彬有礼,她非常惊讶。
She was a very kind and amiable old woman.
他是个善良和气的老太太。

suspense:悬念
例如:'Go on, don't leave us in suspense,' Dennis said.
丹尼斯说:“接着说,别吊我们胃口了。”
Keppler kept all his men in suspense until that morning before announcing which two would be going...
开普勒让所有的下属都焦急地等待着,直到那天上午才宣布哪两个人去。

剧情百科常识:


奥斯汀在这部小说中通过班纳特五个女儿对待终身大事的不同处理,表现出乡镇中产阶级家庭出身的少女对婚姻爱情问题的不同态度,从而反映了作者本人的婚姻观:为了财产、金钱和地位而结婚是错误的;而结婚不考虑上述因素也是愚蠢的。因此,她既反对为金钱而结婚,也反对把婚姻当儿戏。她强调理想婚姻的重要性,并把男女双方感情作为缔结理想婚姻的基石。书中的女主人公伊丽莎白出身于小地主家庭,为富豪子弟达西所热爱。达西不顾门第和财富的差距,向她求婚,却遭到拒绝。

考考你:
她和一位有身份的富人联姻。
你是真的想去呢,还是仅仅为了表示友好?
导演用巧妙手法引起观众的悬念。

答案下期公布

上一期的答案
May I solicit your advice on a matter of some importance?
She had never experienced the pangs of ragged matrimony.
It is easy for children to lose their self-esteem.

分享到
重点单词
  • fortunen. 财产,命运,运气
  • respectablen. 品格高尚的人 adj. 值得尊重的,人格高尚的,不
  • modestyn. 谦逊,虚心,端庄,朴实,中肯
  • understandvt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为
  • delicacyn. 柔软,精致,佳肴
  • merelyadv. 仅仅,只不过
  • approvev. 批准,赞成,同意,称许
  • estaten. 财产,房地产,状态,遗产
  • flatterv. 阿谀奉承,取悦,炫耀 n. 平整工具
  • violencen. 暴力,猛烈,强暴,暴行