(单词翻译:单击)
原文视听
Mr Bingley, how do you like my rainy ball?
宾利先生,你认为我的缎带怎么样?
Very beautiful.
非常漂亮
She is. Look at her. She's blooming.
你看她,她更漂亮
Oh, Lydia.
莉蒂亚
Be sure to invite Mr Wickham, he is a credit to his profession.
你一定要邀请韦克翰先生 他是军队的楷模
Lydia, you can't invite people to other people's balls.
你不能替别人邀请客人
Of course you must come, Mr Wickham.
你当然可以一起来
If you'll excuse me, ladies. Enjoy the day.
恕我失陪了,祝你们愉快
Do you plan to go to the Netherfield ball, then, Mr Wickhaml
你会参加他的舞会吗?
Perhaps.
也许吧
How long has Mr Darcy been a guest there?
达西先生在他家住多久了?
About a month.
一个月
Forgive me, but are you acquainted with him?
对不起,你认识他吗?
With Mr Darcy?
达西先生
Indeed. I've been connected with his family since infancy.
当然认识,我从小就认识他
You may will be surprised, miss Elizabeth,
你可能会奇怪,伊丽莎白
especially given our cold greeting this afternoon.
尤其是他下午对我那么冷淡
Well, I hope that your plans in favour of Meryton
希望你不会因为那个人
will not be affected by your relations with the gentleman.
影响你留下来的计划
Oh, no, it is not for me to be driven away.
不会的,我不会被他逼走
If he wishes to avoid seeing me, he must go,
如果他不想见我,该走的是他
not I.
而不是我
重点解释
妙语佳句:
blooming:妙龄的;非常的
例如:It's a blooming nuisance because it frightens my dog to death.
它真让人讨厌,快把我的狗吓死了
She's in blooming health.
她身强体健。
infancy:幼年时代
例如:minute details of Deborah's infancy.
德博拉幼年生活的详尽细节
infancy还有初创阶段的意思
例如:Computing science was still in its infancy.
计算科学仍然处于初期阶段。
avoid:避免
例如:The pilots had to take emergency action to avoid a disaster...
飞行员不得不采取紧急措施避免灾难的发生。
Women have to dress modestly, to avoid being harassed by the locals.
女士穿着应当庄重,以免受到当地人的骚扰。
剧情百科常识:

《傲慢与偏见》是简·奥斯汀最早完成的作品,她在1796年开始动笔,取名为《最初的印象》,1797年8月完成。她父亲看后很感动,特意拿给汤玛·卡士德尔,请他出版,但对方一口回绝,使得他们十分失望。后来,她重写了《最初的印象》,并改名为“傲慢与偏见”于1813年1月出版。
考考你:
人逢喜事精神爽。
他们的研究处于初级阶段。
他总是小心谨慎地避免尴尬。
答案下期公布
上一期的答案
She sometimes does things on purpose just to annoy me.
Could you oblige me by opening the window?
