(单词翻译:单击)
原文视听
I love this dance. -lndeed. Most invigorating.
我喜欢这支舞 - 是的,很有精神
It is your turn to say something, Mr Darcy.
轮到你说些话了,达西先生
I talked about the dance.
我谈过这支舞?
Now you ought to remark on the size of the room or the number of couples.
现在你该谈谈 这房间有几对佳偶
I'm perfectly happy to oblige. What would you like most to hear?
我很乐意,妳最想听什麽?
That reply will do for present.
目前这个回答就够了
Perhaps by and by I may observe
也许我会渐渐认为
that private balls are much pleasanter than public ones.
私人舞会比公共舞会愉快得多
For now, we may remain silent.
现在我们还是保持安静吧
Do you talk as a rule while dancing?
妳认为跳舞时说话 是种规矩吗?
No. No, I prefer to be unsociable and taciturn.
不,我情愿不要交际保持沉默
Makes it all so much more enjoyable, don't you think?
会更享受,你不觉得吗?
Tell me, do you and your sisters very often walk to Meryton?
妳和妳姊妹 常散步到美乐顿吗?
Yes, we often walk to Meryton.
是的,我们常去
It's a great opportunity to meet new people.
那是认识新朋友的好机会
When you met us, we'd just had the pleasure of forming a new acquaintance.
你遇到我们时 我们正在认识新朋友
Mr Wickham's blessed with such happy manners, he's sure of making friends.
维克先生 很幸运地拥有交友的天份
Whether he's capable of retaining them is less so.
是否能保持友谊就不一定了
He's been so unfortunate as to lose your friendship. That is irreversible?
他很不幸地失去你的友谊 这点无法改变吗?
It is. Why do you ask such a question? - To make out your character.
是的,妳为何这麽问? - 好认清你的个性
What have you discovered? - Very little.
妳发现了什麽? - 非常少
I hear such different accounts of you as puzzle me exceedingly.
我听到的是完全不同的你 让我非常迷惑
I hope to afford you more clarity in the future.
希望将来我能让妳认清事实
重点解释
妙语佳句:
invigorating:有精神的
例如:the bright Finnish sun and invigorating northern air.
明亮的芬兰的阳光与令人神清气爽的北方空气
Indoor air-cleaning spray is good for your Brain and invigorating your vitality.
室内喷洒空气清洁剂,有助于健脑益神。
irreversible:无法改变的
例如:The reforms are irreversible.
改革没有回头路。
She could suffer irreversible brain damage if she is not treated within seven days...
如果她在 7 天之内没有得到治疗,她的大脑有可能遭受不可逆转的损伤。
clarity:清楚,明晰
例如:the ease and clarity with which the author explains difficult technical and scientific subjects.
作者解释复杂的科技主题时的游刃有余、清晰透彻
In business circles he is noted for his flair and clarity of vision.
在商界,他的天赋和远见卓识是出了名的。
剧情百科常识:

附近小镇的民团联队里有个英俊潇洒的青年军官威克汉姆(Wickham),人人都夸他,伊丽莎白也对他产生了好感。一天,他对伊丽莎白说,他父亲是达西家的总管,达西的父亲曾在遗嘱中建议达西给他一笔财产,从而体面地成为一名神职人员(其实是威克汉姆自己把那笔遗产挥霍殆尽,还企图勾引达西的妹妹乔治安娜私奔)。而这笔财产却被达西吞没了。伊丽莎白听后,对达西更加反感。
考考你:
一提到为现实主义奋斗,他感到浑身是劲。
技术已对社会产生不可逆转的影响。
我们将目标集中地、立场鲜明地、勇敢地迎接这些挑战。
答案下期公布
上一期的答案
They are utterly incompatible with each other.
Such lavish praise was hard to believe.
We loathe each other, yet we seem doomed constantly to meet.
