(单词翻译:单击)
原文视听
May I say what an immense pleasure it is to see you again, Mr Bingley. - Mrs Bennet.
很高兴再见到你,宾利先生, 贝内特夫人
Miss Bingley. - Charming. –
宾利小姐 - 幸会了
I'm so pleased you're here. - So am I.
很高兴见到你 - 我也是
And how are you?
你好吗?
Miss Elizabeth, are you looking for someone?
伊莉莎白小姐,你在找谁吗?
No. No, not at all.
没有,我没在找谁
I was just admiring the general splendour.
我只是在欣赏华丽的摆饰
It is breath-taking, Mr Bingley.
的确是令人叹为观止,贝内特先生
Good.
很好
You might at least have passed a few pleasantries with Mr Bingley.
至少跟宾利先生打声招呼嘛
I dare say I've never met a more pleasant gentleman
我没见过像他那么随和的绅士
in all my years.
满眼都是
Did you see how he dotes on her?
他对珍简直是好到不行
Dear Jane. Always doing what's best for her family.
珍总是为家人着想
Charlotte. - Lizzie.
夏绿蒂 - 莉琪
Have you seen Mr Wickham? - No, perhaps he is through here. –
你有看到韦克翰先生吗? - 没有,也许他在那里
Lizzie. Mr Wickham is not here.
莉琪,韦克翰不在这里
Apparently he's been detained.
他有事不能来
Detained where? He must be here.
怎么会?他一定要来
There you are.
你在这儿
Mr Collins.
柯林斯先生
重点解释
妙语佳句:
immense:非常好的, 极大的
例如:an immense cloud of smoke...
大片的烟云
With immense relief I stopped running.
我长长地松了一口气,停止了奔跑。
dote on:溺爱,宠爱
例如:They dote on their daughter.
他们把女儿视为掌上明珠。
I just dote on hot buttered scones!
我就是喜欢吃涂黄油的热司康饼!
detain: 留住; 耽搁
例如:Thank you. We won't detain you any further.
非常感谢。我们就不再耽搁您的时间了。
Allow me to detain you for a moment.
请允许我耽误你一会。
剧情百科常识:
参加舞会的还有宾利的好友达西(Darcy)。他仪表堂堂,非常富有,收入是宾利的数倍,许多姑娘纷纷向他投去羡慕的目光;但他非常骄傲,认为她们都不配做他的舞伴,其中包括简的妹妹伊丽莎白(Elizabeth)。达西(Darcy)对宾利说,她(伊丽莎白)长的可以“容忍”,但还没到能引起他兴趣的程度。伊丽莎白自尊心很强,决定不去理睬这个傲慢的家伙。可是不久,达西对她活泼可爱的举止产生了好感,在另一次舞会上主动请她同舞,伊丽莎白同意和达西跳一支舞,达西由此而逐渐对伊丽莎白改变了看法。
考考你:
令我极为满意的是,他中了圈套。
老师会偏心那些父母有地位有钱的孩子。
无论怎样我不会耽搁你多久的。
答案下期公布
上一期的答案
Children are sensitive to disapproval and adjust their behaviour accordingly.
Most people bequeath their property to their spouses and children.