影视精讲《傲慢与偏见》第1期:贝内特一家讨论去拜访宾利先生
日期:2012-07-28 13:35

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

My dear Mr Bennet, have you heard?
贝内特先生,你听说了吗?
Netherfield Park is let at last.
内瑟菲尔德庄园终于租出去了
Do you not want to know who has taken it?
你不想知道是谁租的吗?
As you wish to tell me, my dear,
你一定会说的,亲爱的
doubt I have any choice in the matter.
我不想听都不行
Liddy, Kitty, what have I told you about listening at the door?
莉蒂、凯蒂,不准在门外偷听
Never mind that. There’s a Mr Bingley
别管了,有位宾利先生
arrived from the North. Perchance.
从北方来的,他的家财万贯
£5,000 a year. Really?
每年有五千英镑收入
He’s single. He’s single.
而且他是单身
Who’s single? A Mr Bingley, apparently.
谁是单身? 一位宾利先生
And how can that possibly affect them?
这跟咱们的女儿有什么关系?
Oh, Mr Bennet, how can you be so tiresome?
拜托,你就别装蒜了
You know he must marry one of them.
他一定会娶其中的一个
So that is his design in settling here.
他打算在这儿定居吗?
You must go and visit him at once.
你一定要马上去拜访他
Good heavens. People.
老天爷,孩子们
For we may not visit if you do not, as you well know, Mr Bennet.
你明知道你不去我们就不能去
Aren’t you listening? You never listen.
你听到吗?你都没在听
You must, Papa.
爸,你一定要去
At once.
立刻
There’s no need, I already have.
没这个必要,我已经去过了

重点解释
妙语佳句:
affect:影响
例如:Nicotine adversely affects the functioning of the heart and arteries...
尼古丁会对心脏及动脉功能造成损害。
The divorce affected Jim deeply...
离婚对吉姆打击很大。
affect还有假装的意思
例如:He listened to them, affecting an amused interest...
他装作饶有兴致地听他们说话。

tiresome: 令人生厌的
例如:the tiresome old lady next door...
隔壁讨人嫌的老太太
It would be too tiresome to wait in the queue.
排队等候太烦人。

剧情百科常识:


根据简·奥斯汀同名小说改编。伊丽莎白·班纳特(凯拉·奈特丽 饰)出身于小地主家庭,有四个姐妹,母亲班纳特太太整天操心着为女儿物色称心如意的丈夫。新来的邻居宾格来先生和他的朋友达西(马修·麦克菲迪恩 饰)打破了她们一家人单调的乡村生活。宾格来和伊丽莎白的姐姐简·班纳特互生情愫;达西对善良聪明的伊丽莎白产生了好感,而伊丽莎白却对达西不可一世的傲慢心存偏见,不接受他的感情。然而,世事难料,宾格来和简·班纳特因为误会,关系危在旦夕;达西的种种作为,展示了性格中和伊丽莎白相同的善良一面,逐渐赢得了伊丽莎白的好感。两对有情人能否终成眷属?班纳特姐妹们能否得到自己想要的生活......

考考你
别为小事伤了和气。
他老为他自己劳动的价值而争强斗胜,令人生厌。

答案下期公布

分享到
重点单词
  • affectvt. 影响,作用,感动
  • nicotinen. 尼古丁
  • affectedadj. 受影响的,受感动的,受疾病侵袭的 adj. 做
  • amusedadj. 有趣的