(单词翻译:单击)
W: Good morning, sit down please Mr. Johnson.
女士:早上好,请坐,约翰逊先生 。
M: Thank you, ma'am.
约翰逊先生:谢谢你,女士 。
W: I have read your letter here. You seem to have done very well at school. Can you tell me something about your school work?
女士:我在这里读过你的信 。你似乎在学校表现得很好 。你能跟我讲讲你学校的工作吗?
M: As you can see, my strongest subjects were art subjects. My best subject was history and my second best was geography.
约翰逊先生:正如你所看到的,我最擅长的科目是艺术 。我最好的科目是历史,其次是地理 。
M: However, my favorite subject was math and the results I got in the math paper were quite reasonable.
约翰逊先生:然而,我最喜欢的科目是数学,我的数学论文相当不错 。
W: That's true. Now can you tell me why you think these subjects will help you in this job?
女士:这是真的 。现在你能告诉我为什么你认为这些科目会对你的工作有帮助呢?
M: Well, ma'am, I understand that you manufacture computers, prepare software and advise clients on how to use them. Is that right?
约翰逊先生:嗯,女士,我知道你们生产电脑,准备软件,并向客户建议如何使用 。是这样吗?
W: That's right.
女士:是的 。
M: And I've been told that working with computers needs the logical mind rather than great skills in mathematics.
约翰逊先生:有人说,与计算机打交道需要的是逻辑思维,而不是高超的数学技能 。
M: That's especially true, I believe, when it comes to writing programs.
约翰逊先生:我相信,当涉及到编写程序时,这一点尤其正确 。
M: So I think my results show that I have some ability in logic and in mathematics as well.
约翰逊先生:所以我认为我的科目成绩表明我在逻辑和数学方面也有一些能力 。
W: So you would like to write material for computers, would you?
女士:所以你想为电脑编写程序,是吗?
M: Yes, ma'am, that's what interests me most about computers: writing programs.
约翰逊先生:是的,女士,这就是我对计算机最感兴趣的地方:编写程序 。
M: But I think the computer industry itself is still expanding enormously.
约翰逊先生:但是我认为计算机产业本身仍在极大的扩张 。
M: I am sure that career prospects in the industry will be very good no matter what sort of job I went into.
约翰逊先生:我相信,无论我从事什么样的工作,这个行业的职业前景都会很好 。
W: I see. Well, thank you. I've enjoyed our talk, we'll be writing to you.
女士:我明白了 。好,谢谢你 。我很喜欢我们的谈话,我们会写信给你 。
M: Thank you ma'am. Good morning.
约翰逊先生:谢谢你女士 。早上好