(单词翻译:单击)
Hello, everybody. Thank you very much for inviting me here.
大家好 。非常感谢你们邀请我来这里 。
It's very pleasant to have a chance to talk to you about something that is obviously very much on everybody's minds.
很高兴能有机会和你们聊一些大家都很关心的事情 。
I want to talk about an area of security or safety-bicycles.
我想谈谈安全或安全脚踏车领域 。
I know a lot of you have bikes.
我知道你们很多人都有自行车 。
First, when you get your bike, whether it's new or second-hand, bring it as soon as possible to us.
首先,当你得到自行车,无论是新的还是二手的,尽快把它带给我们 。
There, we will be able to stamp it with a serial number.
然后,我们可以给它贴上序列号 。
We actually stamp it into the metal.
我们实际上把它印到了金属中 。
We'll register the number; put it on our list.
我们会注册号码;把它列在我们的清单上 。
This can frighten criminals away if they realize there is a number stamped on it.
如果罪犯意识到上面印着一个序列号,他们就会被吓走 。
Second, make sure you buy a good lock. It can be expensive, but it's never a waste of money.
第二,确保你买了一把好锁 。它或许很贵,但绝不是浪费钱 。
If you have an expensive bike, it's worth buying two locks.
如果你有一辆昂贵的自行车,买两把锁是值得的 。
Do spend money on a good lock, because the cheap ones can be very very easy to cut.
一定要花钱买一把好锁,因为便宜的很容易被弄断 。
Also, make sure you lock the bike to something permanent, though do be considerate to pedestrians.
同时,确保你把自行车锁在固定的地方,但是要考虑到行人 。
And if the worst happens-you lose your bike, you should immediately report it to the police station, quoting the serial number that should have been stamped.
如果最糟糕的事情发生了——你丢了自行车,你应该去警察局,利用贴上的序列号 。
