(单词翻译:单击)
Chapter 9
第九章
Database Management System
数据库管理系统
Dialogue 1
句型1
A:Hey ,Greg , Check out my new wallpaper!
嘿,Greg,看一下我屏幕的新背景画面!
I scanned a bunch of pictures from our trip to Hawaii last summer.
我把去年夏天到夏威夷旅游的一堆照片扫了进去。
B:I like it .But it must take up a lot of memory.
不错嘛,可是一定占了不少的硬盘空间。
A: It's not too bad , Besides I've got a 20 Gig hard drive.so I've got plenty of room
还好,再说我的硬盘容量有20G,所以还有不少的空间。
Dialogue 2
句型2
A:Something is wrong with my computer screen.
我的电脑屏幕有点不对劲。
Everything looks yellow.
一切都变黄了。
B:Try wiggling the cable that attaches it to your computer.
把连接电脑的那条线摇摇看。
A: Hey , it worked!
嘿,好了!
B: Sometimes that happens when the cable gets old and the connection isn't as good.
有时候电线老化,接触不良时就会这样。
Dilogue 3
句型3
A:I keep getting so much spam in my e-mail.
我不断收到大量的电子垃圾邮件。
What can I do about it?
有什么办法吗?
B: If your account has filters, you can block certain senders,or re-route mail with certain content to a different folder.
如果你的帐号有过滤器,就可以挡掉一下,不然就把某些内容的邮件改投至另一个文件夹。
A:I think my account does have filters, I'll have to check that out.
我想我的帐号是有过滤器的,我来查查看。
Dialogue 4
句型4
A: You're going to be gone for 3 weeks?
你将离开三个星期是不是?
B:That's right.
是的。
A:You'll have a lot of e-mail to catch up with when you get back.
等你回来时一定有一大堆e-mail等着你。
B:Actually, I'll have all my mail forwarded to a web-based account while I'm gone.
其实,我不在的时候,我会将所有邮件都转发到网络基地账户内。
That way, I can keep up with it anywhere I can get on the Internet.
这样的话,不论人走到哪里,只要上得了网就可以随时读取了。