日积月累学口语:该如何形容人有无能力和智慧(2)
日期:2013-04-08 10:06

(单词翻译:单击)

1.痛失良机 Let something slip through one's fingers
你真蠢!这样一个发大财的机会千载难逢,你怎能眼睁睁的让他跑掉那?
You can’t be more stupid! How could you let such a golden opportunity to make big money slip through your fingers? It was an opportunity that comes once in a blue moon.

2.抓住机会 jump at the chance
这样的好机会,你应该抓住
You should have jump at such a good chance.

3.嘴硬 never say uncle
那个孩子的嘴特别硬,打死他都不肯认错
That boy never says uncle. He wouldn't admit he's wrong for the life of him.

4.有门道 have the means of
在挣钱方面,张先生可有门道了
Mr.Zhang has always had the means of making money.

5.找到窍门get the hang of
我已经找到学习英语动词的窍门了。
I've now got the hang of learning English verbs.


6.占上风 gain the upper hand
比赛一开始,我们队占上风。可到最后却失利了
At the beginning of the game our team gained the upper hand. But by and by, we lost our strength.

7.有资格 be in a position.
你没有资格对他那样讲话,他是那儿的老板
You're not in a position to talk to him like that; He's the boss there.

8.恭维话 blarney
只有傻瓜才会相信你的花言巧语。
Only a fool will believe your blarney.

分享到
重点单词
  • slipv. 滑倒,溜走,疏忽,滑脱 n. 滑倒,溜走,疏忽,失
  • opportunityn. 机会,时机