流行口语收集:美剧里常见的美语
日期:2010-04-14 15:22

(单词翻译:单击)



live with oneself: 不感到内疚;心安理得(多用于否定句中)

If I ever got kicked out of university, I wouldn't be able to live with myself.

如果我被学校开除,我会很内疚的.

I can't believe you swore at your dad. How can you live with yourself?

我不敢相信你诅咒你爸爸.你怎么还可以这么心安理得?

no sweat: 没问题,别客气

It's no sweat for me to drive you to work . I'm going in the same direction.

稍你一程不会耽误我太长时间的.我和你顺路啊.

'Thanks for helping me with my homework. ''no sweat!'

谢谢你帮我辅导功课.没关系啊!




Dos and Don'ts: 该做的和不该做的

He always dressed badly. It's like he's got no idea about fashion dos and don'ts.

他穿的总是没品味.好像他不知道潮流的好与不好.

It's difficult traveling to new countries as it takes a while to learn all their cultural dos and don'ts.

去国外旅游并不那么容易,因为需要你花时间了解他们的文化中什么事可以做,什么事不可以.

have a sinking feeling: 有不祥的预感

I have a sinking feeling that we're going to lost the game today.

我有个不祥的预感,我们今天会输掉比赛.

I knew something was going to go wrong. I had a sinking feel that all yesterday that we weren't prepared.

我知道有问题了.我昨天有不祥的预感我们并没有准备好.




Get the heck out of here 尽快离开什么地方

The building is on fire, we need to get the heck out of here. 这个大楼着火了,我们必须尽快这里.

The bar is too expensive. I think we should get the heck out of here and find somewhere now.

这个酒吧太贵了,我想我们应该赶快离开这里,然后找个新的地方.

where in the world: 究竟在哪?到底在哪?(world没有意义,只是个加强语气的词)

I think we're completely lost. We've been driving around for hours and I've got no idea where in the world we are.

我想我们彻底迷路了,我们在这开车兜了几个小时但是还是不知道我们究竟在哪.

It's the middle of summer so where in the world are you going to skiing?

现在正直酷暑,你究竟要到哪里去滑雪!




completely out of someone's league: 和谁不是一路人,不是一个等级的人

She works in a great job. She's really intelligent and she's very good looking. Basically she's totally out of my league. So I don't think I will bother to call her.

她工作那么出色,有很聪明,也非常漂亮.基本上她和我不是一路人.我也不用去打扰她了.

She is out of my league, forget it. 她和我不是一路人,别想了.

come into: 得到

How you keep meeting so many girls? Have you come into luck recently?

你怎么跟那么多女孩约会?最近交好运了么?

Bob came into some money when his uncle passed away.

当鲍勃的叔叔过世时,鲍勃得到很多钱.




in plain sight: 就在你眼前,很容易看见

I can't believe I left my diary in plain sight, what if my girlfriend reads it?

我简直不敢相信我居然把日记放在眼皮底下,要是我女朋友看见了怎么办?

How could you not notice that girl? She was in plain sight all night.

你怎么可能没有注意到那个女孩.她整晚一直都在那啊.

the last laugh: 赢到最后,最后的胜利

The other team had the last laugh: they scored 3 goals in the final minutes of the game.

那个球队赢到最后,他们在最后的几分钟内连进三个球.

Everyone thought I was stupid, but I got the last laugh when I was accepted to Harvard.

大家都觉得我蠢,但是我笑到了最后,我被哈佛大学录取了.




to get nailed: 陷入大麻烦;要受重罚

They got nailed on that deal when instead they should have made a lot of money.

他们原本在那笔交易中能挣很多钱,但是他们却遇到了大麻烦.

The headmaster caught me smoking and absolutely nailed me.

校长在我抽烟的时候把我擒住了,他要重重地罚我.

hold out hope: (在不好的情况下还)对某种事情抱有希望

The plan crashed four days ago, but they're still holding out hope of finding more survivors.

飞机失事已经4天了,但他们仍然保佑希望,希望能找到更多的生还者.

We lost the game yesterday, so we don't hold out hope of getting to the finals.

我们昨天比赛输了,所以我们对于进入决赛已经不抱希望了.




step up for: (在不利的情况下)给予支持,帮助

When I was getting criticized in that meeting no one stepped out for me.

当我在会议中收到批评的时候,没有人站出来支持我.

If you get into trouble, I'll step out and help you out.

如果你遇到麻烦,我一定站出来帮助你走出困境.

slip one's mind: 忘记了什么事情

I'm sorry I forgot your birthday. It must have slipped my mind.

对不起我不记得是你生日,肯定是我忘记了.

You'd better remind Angela about the meeting. These things tend to slip her mind.

你最好提醒Angela会议的事情.她总是忘记这种事情.




take a hike: 走开,一边歇着去

She was constantly being rude to me, so I told her to take a hike and leave me alone.

她经常对我很不礼貌,所以我就跟她说一边歇着去,我想一个人呆一会儿.

He kept on getting into trouble at school so finally they told him to take a hike.

这个家伙在学校一直调皮捣蛋,后来实在不行了,学校跟他说"你还是走人吧".

odd play: 一反常态的行为举止

It was an odd play for you to vacation in Thailand, you don't even like to swim.

你去泰国度假太反常了,你甚至不喜欢游泳.

Everyone thought that it was an odd play for her to quit her job – they didn't know she found a better one.

大家都认为她辞掉工作太反常了,他们不知道她找到了一份更好的.

分享到
重点单词
  • intelligentadj. 聪明的,智能的
  • absolutelyadv. 绝对地,完全地;独立地
  • plainn. 平原,草原 adj. 清楚的,坦白的,简单的,平坦
  • tendv. 趋向,易于,照料,护理
  • rudeadj. 粗鲁的,无礼的 adj. 粗糙的,粗野的
  • slipv. 滑倒,溜走,疏忽,滑脱 n. 滑倒,溜走,疏忽,失
  • minutesn. 会议记录,(复数)分钟
  • diaryn. 日记,日记簿
  • constantlyadv. 不断地,经常地
  • botherv. 使恼怒,使不安,烦扰,费心 n. 烦扰,麻烦,焦急