老美说烂的但教科书只字不提的地道美语
日期:2010-02-02 11:24
(单词翻译:单击)
1. bend over backwards 不遗余力
Sue will eng over backwards to help her friends.
休会尽力帮助朋友.
2. all ears 全神贯注
Whenever you tell Jonny some gossip, he's all ears.
每当你见闲话给给琼尼听时,他总是全神贯注。
3. get lost 滚开
A stray cat was lurking outside the fish market and the ower yelled at it," Get lost!"
一只野猫在卖鱼的市场前探头探脑,摊主对它大叫:“滚开!”
4. pump up 热切期望
Everybody on campus is pumped up about Saturday's big game. The winning team will get the national title.
校园里大家都热切期望着星期六的大赛,赢的队伍将成为全国冠军。
5. put someone out 给某人添麻烦
Please don't go to so much trouble. I don't want to put you out.
请不要非那么多工夫,我不想给你添麻烦。
6. punch line好笑的部分
I can't tell the joke, I forgot the punch line.
我无法将这个故事,我忘了当中最好笑的部分。
7. put-down 羞辱,贬损
I've had enough of your put-downs. You're not perfect either.
我受够了你的羞辱,你也好不到哪里去.
8. cop-out溜走
Don't cop-out on me now. You promised you'd go.
别想溜。你说过你会去的。
9. blabbermouth 大嘴巴,爱说闲话的人
I don't like Don because he's a blabbermouth.
我不喜欢堂,因为他爱说人闲话.
10. break it up 停止谈天、吵架、打架(原意为"分开")
Break it up! I will not permit fighting in this classroom.
住手!我不准有人在这个教室里打架.
11. rub elbows 交际,接触
It's important for you to go to these parties and rub elbows with everyone. That's how contacts are made.
参加这些晚会与大家接触接触是很重要的,关系就是这样建立起来的。
12.rub it in 火上浇油
You don't have to rub it in. I already feel bad enough as it is.
你不要火上浇油了,我已经够难过的.
13. run something by again重复某事务
Can you run that by again? I didn't quite understand your last point.
请再说一遍好吗?最后一点我听不太懂.
14. say what 你说什么?
Say what? I didn't hear what you said.
你说什么?我没听到.
sit tight 耐心等待
Just sit tight. The doctor will be with you in a minute.
耐心等一下,医生马上就来看你.
重点单词