常用英美语口语词汇和短语(part1)
日期:2010-01-15 11:38

(单词翻译:单击)



a kick in the pants 口头警告

eg. He was always late for work,so the manager decided to give him a kick in the pants and watch his performance.

他上班经常迟到,所以经理对他作出口头警告,并留意他的表现,



a little short on RAM 能力不够

eg. I don't think he is the right person for this job.He's a little short on RAM.

我认为他不是这个职位的适当人选.他的能力不够.



ace buddy 至交,好朋友

eg. Look, you're my ace buddy and shouldn't say that to me.

喂,你是我的老朋友,不应该对我说这样的话.



all that jazz 诸如此类的东西

eg. He told me I didn't behave myself good enough, that I should watch my P's and Q's ,all that jazz.

他说我表现得不够好,我应该注意礼仪,以及诸如此类的话.



any takers? 询问他人是否赞成某事

eg. We are planning a golf tournament next Sunday. Any takers?

我们计划于下星期日举行高尔夫球赛.大家赞成吗?



attention-getter 引人瞩目的人或物

eg. The pop singer is an attention-getter wherever he goes.

那位流行歌手到地方去都是个引人注目的人物.



back burner 延迟,搁置

e.g. Let's put that one on the back burner and get back to it later.

我们暂时把这个问题搁一搁,以后再谈吧.



bad hair day 不开心的日子

e.g. What's the matter with Mary? Oh, she's just having a bad day.

马里怎么了?哦,他心情不好.



be history 离开,不在

e.g. It's already one o'clock? I'm history.

已经一点啦?我要走了.



big-eyed 形容某人整天食物不离口

e.g. If I see food,I want to eat it. I'm so big-eyed.

我一看到食物就要吃.我好像患了渴食症似的.



boss (sb.) about 把某人差来差去

e.g. I'm not going to be bossed about by a nobody like you.

我不会受你这样的无名小卒的指使.



can of worm 一团糟

e.g. What he left behind after his resignation was just a can of worm..

他辞职后留下来的只是一大堆头痛的问题.



catch on 流行起来

e.g. The mini-skirt caught on quickly but disappeared equally fast.

迷你裙迅即流行,但是很快就被打入冷宫.



cook with gas 好极了

e.g. Now you're cooking with gas.

现在你的表现好极了.



cut down on 侮辱,咒骂

e.g. He's cutting down on you. I can't stand it any longer.

他分明是在侮辱你.我已忍无可忍了.



do 表示吸食、参加、享用

e.g. I don't do acid any more.

我不再吸毒了.

分享到
重点单词
  • performancen. 表演,表现; 履行,实行 n. 性能,本事
  • wormn. 虫,蠕虫 v. 蠕动,驱虫,慢慢探听出 n.
  • tournamentn. 比赛,锦标赛,(中世纪的)骑士比武
  • resignationn. 辞职,辞呈,顺从