最应该知道的地道美国习语
日期:2010-01-29 12:45

(单词翻译:单击)



1. roll with the punches逆来顺受

You have to roll with the punches if you want to survive in this business.

如果你想在这一行生存下去的话,就得逆来顺受.



2. right off the bat 立刻

I was all prepared to put up a fight, but he gave in right off the bat.

我正准备和他大打一场,但是他马上就投降了.



3. get one's feet wet 参与,开始做

It's not good to concentrate all your efforts on just writing. You should get your feet wet and trying painting or dancing.

单单写作对你不好.你应该涉猎一下绘画或舞蹈.



4. get after 盯着,责备

Ann's mother gets after her to hang up her clothes.

安的妈妈盯着她,要她把衣服挂好.



5. pan out 成功,奏效

Unfortunately, the deal did not pan out. I lost a thousand dollars.

这笔生意不幸没有成功,我损失了1,000美元.



6. screw someone over 欺负某人

After working in the office for ten years, Alice was fired for no apparent reason. How can they screw her over like that?

爱丽斯工作了十年之后,无缘无故被炒鱿鱼.他们怎么可以这样欺负她呢?



7. down to the wire 等到最后一刻才开始做事

Peter always waits until the last minute to do his work. I could never leave it down to the wire like that.

彼得总是等到最后一刻才开始做事.我从不想他那样等到最后一刻才开始干.



8. buck抗拒

You can't buck the system.

你无法抗拒整个制度.



9. blockhead笨蛋

Arnold is a blockhead if I ever saw one.

阿诺德是我见过的最笨的人.



10. round up集合

Round everybody up. It's time for our business meeting.

叫大家集合,开会时间到了.



put someone up留宿某人

I can put you up for a couple of days. My apartment is big enough for two people.

你可以在我这里住几天.我的公寓可以住两个人.



take care of business负责

Who's going to take care of business while I am away?

我不在的时候谁负责?



take out on 拿...出气

Don't take your frustrations out on me.

别把气出在我身上.



hot stuff 大人物

He thinks he's hot stuff. But everybody else thinks he's a jerk.

他自以为了不得,但其他人认为他是个傻瓜.

分享到
重点单词
  • concentratev. 集中,专心,浓缩 n. 浓缩物
  • apparentadj. 明显的,表面上的
  • buckn. (美元)块钱 n. 钱,鹿皮,(鹿皮等)制物,小伙
  • screwn. 螺钉,螺丝,螺旋,螺旋桨,螺状物 v. 拧,拧紧
  • survivevt. 比 ... 活得长,幸免于难,艰难度过 vi.