不看就会out的地道美国俚语
日期:2010-01-28 09:29

(单词翻译:单击)



1. get the hang of sth 进入状态,摸到窍门


I think if I practice serving a couple of times, I'll get the hang of it.

我想如果我多练习几次发球,我就会摸到窍门了.



2. out to lunch神经病,神志不清

Richard stands on his head in the shower. He's really out to lunch.

理查德在浴室倒立,他真是有病.



3. rap sheet犯罪记录,前科

This isn't his first offense. He has a rap sheet a mile long.

这不是他第一次犯罪,他前科累累.



4. red tape 官样文章,繁琐的程序

I need this information as soon as possible. See if you can cut through the red tape.

我要尽快拿到这份文件.看能不能缩短申请的程序.



5. a fair shot相当大的希望

You have a fair shot at the scholarship.

你很有希望能拿到奖学金.



6. set someone back 使某人破费

That dinner set be back sixty dollars.

那顿晚饭花了我60美元.



7. pull a fast one 欺骗

He tried to pull a fast one on us, but we caught on before he got away with it.

他想要欺骗我们,但在他阴谋得逞前我们就明白了.



8. pull rank摆架子

Don't try to pull rank on me. We're all equals here.

别对我摆架子,这里人人平等.



9. red my lips 注意听

Read my lips. I don't like broccoli.

注意听,我不喜欢绿花椰菜.



10. burp 打嗝

Don't burp so loud. It's not polite.

不要这么大声打嗝,那样不礼貌.



11. put on airs 摆架子

I can't stand Mary. She always putting on airs because she thinks she's better than everybody else.

我受不了玛丽.她老摆架子,因为她自以为比别人好.



12. put...on the line 赔上,不惜

I'd gladly put my reputation on the line for you. You're my closest friend.

我愿意为你搭上我的名誉.你是我最好的朋友.



13. rag 烂报

The National Enquirer is a real rag.

《国家探密报》这份报纸真次.



14. chicken feed=peanuts小钱

I make chicken feed compared to you.

和你比起来,我赚的只是小钱.



15. brown-nose 拍马屁

Harold is always brown-nosing the boss.

哈罗德总是拍老板的马屁.
分享到
重点单词
  • offensen. 过错,冒犯,触怒,犯规,犯罪,进攻
  • rankn. 等级,阶层,排,列 v. 分等级,排列,列为
  • ragn. 破布,碎布,破衣服,(低劣的)报纸 n. 恶
  • reputationn. 声誉,好名声