瞄一眼就能记住的地道美语
日期:2010-02-21 16:04
(单词翻译:单击)
off course 偏离方向,走错路
Because we didn't have an accurate map we went totally off course by mistake and arrived an hour late. 因为我们没有准确的地图,所以我们完全走错了路迟到了一个小时到达.
I went off course during the boat race and got disqualified. 我在赛艇比赛中走错了方向,因此被取消了资格.
clear back / clear out 驱除 remove it ; get it out of way
I want you to clear out all the trash from your room before she comes over. 在她来之前,你该把房间里的垃圾清扫出来.
The spectators had to be cleared back from the field because they were getting too close to the players. 这些观众被从场地轰了出来,因为他们离选手太近.
make one's move 采取行动
We need to have all the necessary information on the company before we make our move and try to buy it .在你收购那家公司前,我们必须收集必要的资料.
Tomorrow I'll make my move and ask the girl out to dinner. 明天我打算采取行动约那个女孩子出去吃饭.
take good care of something 好好照顾
Alice takes very good care of her grandparents , she visits them everyday. Alice把祖母照顾的很好,她每天都去看他们.
I have to take good care of the car while my parents are away. 父母不在的时候,我要照顾好这部车.
blind luck 运气
It was blind luck that I found 100 RMB on the ground .我在地上捡到100元钱纯属运气.
Success is not gained through you have to work hard for it .成功不是靠运气,只能靠你努力获得.
have one's word on something 保证....
Will you drive me to work tomorrow? 你明天送我去工作吗?
Yes, you have my word on it . 你向我保证过.
I can't believe you didn't call me last night, you gave me your word on it. 我不相信你居然昨晚没打电话给我,你向我保证打给我的.
I'm in 我也去,算我一个
If you can find enough people to play baseball, I'm in. 如果你能找到足够的人打棒球,算我一个.
give it a rest 停下来(厌烦)
I'm tired of practicing the violin, I'm going to give it a rest for a while.我厌烦了练习小提琴,我能不能停下来休息一会.
Could you please give it a rest? You're always complaining. 你能不能停一停啊,别总是那么多抱怨.
look sharp 提高警惕,振奋
Our boss told us to look sharp when the president comes for a visit.我们老板告诉我们要精神些,因为总裁要来看我们.
It's hard for the soccer team to look sharp when it's 40 degrees outside.外面40度的高温,要想让球队反应快些很难.
snap judgment 太草率,太仓促做决定
I'm sorry, I called your bf playboy, It was a snap judgment,I don't even know him.对不起,我称你男朋友是花花公子,这太草率,我甚至还没认识他.
You shouldn't have fired me without listening to my explanation, It was a snap judgment .不听我的解释你不能解雇我,这样做太草率了.
let's roll. 我们走; 要离开了
If the waitress doesn't take our order, we're rolling. 如果服务员再不上菜,我们就走.
I don't like this dance club, let's roll. 我不太喜欢这个舞蹈俱乐部,我们走吧!
重点单词