(单词翻译:单击)
1.We’ll drop you off in the next town,and I’ll wire you that 10,000 like I said.
我们让你在下个镇下车,我会给你汇10000美元
wire=汇款;诱饵
2.Don’t even think about getting cute,smart-ass.And now,you and your brother are gonna take me right to where that money is,or the whore gets dead real fast.
别耍花招,现在你和你哥带我们去藏钱的地方,不然这妓女会死的很快
cute=狡猾的;花招 ; whore=妓女
3.The dredging of the river under Scofield’s apartment bore some fruit.
从Scofeld公寓下的 河里打捞出了些东西
dredging=捕捞 ; fruit=成果
4.to forge ahead with its nuclear program
继续核武器的计划
forge=锻造; ahead with sth=继续做...
5.he's got a stateroom listed as a cargo hold on the manifest.
他将头等舱伪造成装货物的仓库
stateroom=头等舱 ; cargo=货物 ; manifest=货单
6.i travel light
我轻松旅行
light做副词为"轻轻地"意思
7.and you're just hoofing it out here in the middle of nowhere?
你就在中途闲逛?
另外hang around也是"闲逛"的意思
8.I admire your optimism.She’s rolling,man.
我很钦佩你的乐观,她在叛变
admire sb=羡慕某人;钦佩某人
rolling=转变,在此句中指"叛变"
9.not in a thousand years.
想都别想
等于no way(没门),但比no way的拒绝程度更坚决
10.you think that tire went flat by accident?
你以为车轮瘪了是个意外么?
flat=平的,扁的; 充气为inflate
by accident=偶然的,意外的
11.Don't turn your back on us.
别抛弃我们
turn one's back on / upon=背弃..,抛弃..
eg.One should never turn his back on his home country. 一个人永远也不能背弃自己的祖国
12.my dogs are just barking.
我走得脚痛
此句是t-bag在被邀请搭个顺风车时说的,翻译组的翻译是"正合我意" . 原因是在美国的俚语中"my dogs are just barking"的意思是"我的脚走得都痛了"
13.When dad’s back acts up,we stop.
当爸爸的背不舒服时我们就得停下来
act up=运作不正常
14.Hit a sore spot,didnt I?
说到你痛处了,是不是?
sore spot=痛处,提起来就伤感情的话题
15.it's over for good
永远结束了
for good=永远