1. At the annual general meeting, the board chairman of the company outlined the development strategy for the next 5 years.
2. You needn’t notify the maintenance office about the fixing of the faucet in the washroom. I can get Tom to take care of it. He is really handy.
3. Although the accountant promised to help by all he could, the auditor called into question the accuracy of the figures in the books.
4. We have carefully checked your qualifications and decided that we need someone with more office experience. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
5. The sales of Vitamin E, helped by the testimony of health food expert, and a number of leading medical authorities, have doubled in the past 5 years.
6. An average American male is expected to live 75.4 years, while the life expectancy of a female can be 80.4 years.
7. For many people in large cities, the reasons against owning a private car outweigh the reasons for owning one. Therefore, the answer is negative.
8. To believe that our company can be little affected or even immune to the current economic crisis is to ignore the most basic principles of trade and commerce.
9. At college, Betty receives a monthly allowance of $650 from home. She also earns $350 a month in her part-time job. And she spends about 80% of her income for daily expenses.
10. Some businesses, organizations and government agencies provide employees with the opportunities to progress to higher positions with higher salaries. The higher position an individual occupies, the more responsibilities it brings.
2. 注意needn't，与下句I will find... 相呼应，Handy 。难度小
3. 注意although的转折意思。短语call into question表示对...怀疑。难度适中。
8. 有关金融危机的话题。关键句型to believe... is to ignore...。immune对...免疫，也就是表示完全不受金融危机影响。