(单词翻译:单击)
Conversation 2
对话2
How was your holiday? Not too many other tourists around, were there?
你假期过得怎么样?游客不太多,对吧?
No, very few, relatively. But I found myself moving from one accommodation to another, trying to find the perfect place.
不,相对来说很少
It made me realize that indecision is a big problem for me. Instead of relaxing, I was looking for the best spot.
这让我意识到优柔寡断对我来说是个大问题
It seems you suffer from"Fear of Better Options." I've read about it.
看来你有“害怕更好的选择”的毛病
It describes this loop of indecision as part of our programming.
它将这种优柔寡断的循环描述为我们大脑编程的一部分
Essentially, we have this tendency to keep stretching out the decision-making process.
本质上,我们倾向于不断延长决策过程
Because as human beings, we are hard-wired to optimize.
因为人类的本性就是想要寻求最佳选择
We have always looked to get the best things we can as a sort of survival of the fittest.
作为一种适者生存的人,我们总是在寻求得到能得到的最好的东西
Optimizing isn't the problem, but rather the process that we go through.
优化不是问题,而是我们所经历的过程
Well, that makes me feel better. But I think thanks to technology, we can make comparisons more easily and have more access to choice and customization.
但是我认为,多亏了科技,我们可以更容易地进行比较,有更多的选择和定制方案
We can now see what we could have, how we might get it and what others have that we might want.
现在我们能看到我们可以拥有什么,该如何得到它,以及我们可能想要别人拥有的什么东西
We keep looking over and return to the same options again and again.
我们不停地看呀看,一次又一次地回到相同的选择上
Yes. Fear of better options offers little benefit. It's an ailment of abundance.
害怕更好的选择几乎没有好处
You must have choices to have that fear of missing out on better options.
你必须先有得选才会害怕错过更好的选择
Yes, I need to note when I'm worrying about inconsequential things, I guess.
是的,我要是再担心无关紧要的事情,就得留意了
If I'm spending too much time worrying over what to have for lunch, I'm robbing myself of the energy to focus on the things that matter.
如果我花太多时间担心午饭吃什么,就会占据关注重要事情的精力
Exactly. But for more important matters, I think gut instinct might be overrated.
但是对于更重要的事情,我觉得人们可能高估了直觉
When you have 30 odd options, trusting your gut is not practical.
当你有30多个选择时,相信你的直觉是不现实的
What you need to do is research—have a process, invest time exploring your options, and eliminate as many things as you can.
你需要做的是研究——有一个过程,花时间去探索你的选择,并尽可能多地排除一些选项
The most toxic part of decision making is going over the same options time and time again.
决策过程中最有害的部分就是一次又一次地重复同样的选择
Questions 5 to 8 are based on the conversation you have just heard.
请根据你听到的对话回答问题5至问题8
Question 5: What does the man say about his holiday?
问题5:关于他的假期,男士说了些什么?
Question 6: What does the woman say people tend to do when making decisions?
问题6:女士说人们在做决定时倾向于做什么?
Question 7: What has made decision making increasingly difficult?
问题7:是什么让决策变得越来越困难?
Question 8: According to the woman, what should people do when making important decisions?
问题8:根据女士所说,人们在做重要决定时应该做什么?