(单词翻译:单击)
Conversation 1
对话1
How are you enjoying your new job?
你喜欢你的新工作吗?
So far, so good. I don't miss having managers who deliver blunt, harsh feedback in the name of efficiency.
目前一切都好
From the way you described your last company, no wonder they had a problem with high staff turnover.
从你对上一家公司的描述来看,难怪他们有员工流动率高的问题
Yeah. I couldn't wait to get out of there once my contract expired.
是的
The problem with a company culture that prizes directness above all else is that it creates a toxic culture of brilliant jerks that drives people out and erodes itself from within.
崇尚直接高于一切的公司文化是有毒的,这种文化下的公司满是聪明的混蛋,逼得员工离职,从内部侵蚀自己
My company's managers tend to be accommodating and kind, overlooking mistakes or issues so as not to hurt feelings.
我公司的经理们更倾向于包容和友善,他们会选择忽略错误或问题,以免伤害感情
Issues often get ignored there until they build up and reach a crisis point.
在这样的公司,问题往往会被忽视,直到积累至危机点
That's not surprising. My new company seems to employ a feedback policy that combines compassion and directness.
这并不奇怪
Employees have the power to speak up, give feedback, disagree and discuss problems in real time.
员工有权畅所欲言,给出反馈,提出异议,并实时讨论问题
It seems to help us to course correct, improve and meet challenges while also building teams that collaborate and care for one another.
这样可以帮助我们找到正确的方向、自我提高和迎接挑战,同时也建立了团队协作和相互关心
But that would be based on an atmosphere of mutual trust, wouldn't it?
但那是建立在相互信任的基础上的,不是吗?
Otherwise, people might interpret feedback as some kind of personal attack.
否则,人们可能会将反馈理解为某种人身攻击
True. Without an atmosphere of trust, feedback can create stress and self-doubt.
确实
But I think when we get feedback from someone we trust, we understand that the feedback isn't some kind of personal attack.
但我认为,当我们从信任的人那里得到反馈时,我们会明白,这些反馈并不是某种人身攻击
It's actually a kind of support because it's offered in the spirit of helping us improve.
它实际上是一种支持,因为它是为了帮助我们进步的
I think sometimes people need to shift their mindsets around how they receive feedback.
我认为有时候人们需要改变他们接受反馈的心态
Yes. Constructive feedback, after all, is how we learn and grow.
没错
It's the basis for healthy parenting, lasting friendships, career development, and so much more.
它是健康育儿、持久友谊、职业发展等诸多方面的基础
If we shelter our children, friends and colleagues from information that might enrich and enhance their lives, we are not being caring.
如果我们保护孩子、朋友和同事,不让他们接触那些可能会丰富和改善他们生活的信息,我们就不是在关心他们
We're actually doing harm to them. That's exactly right.
实际上是在伤害他们
Questions 1 to 4 are based on the conversation you have just heard.
请根据你听到的对话回答问题1至问题4
Question 1: How does the woman describe her previous company's culture?
问题1:女士如何描述她之前的公司文化?
Question 2: What does the man say about his company's managers?
问题2:关于他公司的经理,男士说了什么?
Question 3: What does the woman say the employees in her new company can do?
问题3:女士说她新公司的员工可以做什么?
Question 4: What does the man say about constructive feedback?
问题4:关于建设性的反馈,男士说了什么?