(单词翻译:单击)
Conversation One
长对话1
It's my last day at work tomorrow.
明天是我最后一天上班
I'll start my new job in 2 weeks.
两周后我就要开始新工作了
My human resources manager wants to conduct an interview with me before I leave.
我的人力资源部经理想在我离开之前对我进行一次面试
Ah, an exit interview.
啊,离职面谈
Are you looking forward to it?
你期待吗?
I'm not sure how I feel about it.
我不知道我是什么感觉
I resigned because I've been unhappy at that company for a long time, but I'm not sure if I should tell them how I really feel.
我辞职是因为在那家公司的很长一段时间里我并不开心,但是我不确定是否该告诉他们我的真实感受
To my way of thinking, there are two main potential benefits that come from unleashing an agitated stream of truth during an exit interview.
在我看来,在离职面谈中释放和的说出真相有两个主要的潜在的好处
The first is release.
第一个是释怀
Unburdening yourself of frustration, and perhaps even anger to someone who isn't a friend or close colleague can be wonderfully free.
把你的沮丧,甚至愤怒卸下,对一个不是朋友或者并不亲密的同事倾诉,你会感到非常自由
Let me guess.
让我猜猜
The second is that the criticism will, theoretically, help the organization I'm leaving to improve, making sure employees of the future are less likely to encounter what I did?
第二,从理论上讲,这些批评会帮助我所离职的公司去改善,确保未来的员工更少地遇到与我类似的情况?
That's right.
没错
But the problem with the company improvement part is that very often it doesn't happen.
但公司改善这一部分的问题是,改善通常不会发生
An exit interview is supposed to be private, but often isn't.
离职面谈本应是私密的,但往往不是这样
In my company, the information gained from these interviews is often not confidential.
在我的公司,这些从面试中获得的信息通常不是保密的
The information is used as dirt against another manager, or can be traded among senior managers.
这些信息会被用来作为把柄攻击其它管理者,或者在高级管理者之间被用作交易
Now you've got me rethinking what I'll disclose in the interview.
这样的话,你让我开始重新思考我要在面谈中说什么
There is always a chance that it could affect my reputation and my ability to network in the industry.
这随时可能会影响我的声誉和我在这个行业内的社交关系
It is a pretty small industry after all.
毕竟这是一个非常小的行业
Anything you initially gained from the instant satisfaction of telling it like it is, you might lose down the track by injuring your future career prospects.
虽然你会从说出真相中获得的即时的满足感,但最终它可能损害你未来的职业前景
Right.
没错
Perhaps I would be better getting things off my chest by going to one of those rate-your-employer websites.
或许我应该去那种给老板打分的网站上把心里的想法表达出来
You could.
你可以的
And don't do the interview at all.
而且你不需要去面谈的
Exit interviews are not mandatory.
离职面谈不是强制性的
Questions 1 to 4 are based on the conversation you have just heard.
问题1至4基于刚刚你听到的对话
Q1: What do we learn about the man from the conversation?
问题1:从对话中我们能了解到这位男士的什么信息?
Q2: What does the woman think of the information gained from an exit interview?
问题2:女士对从离职面谈中得到的信息有什么看法?
Q3: Why does the man want to rethink what he will say in the coming exit interview?
问题3:为什么这位男士想要重新考虑在即将到来的离职面谈中他要说的话?
Q4: What does the man think he had better do?
问题4:男子认为他最好怎样做?