(单词翻译:单击)
Conversation Two
长对话2
Today, I’m talking to the renowned botanist, Jane Foster.
今天,我要和著名的植物学家简·福斯特谈话
Thank you for inviting me to join you on the show, Henry.
谢谢你邀请我参加你的节目,亨利
Recently, Jane, you’ve become quite a celebrity, since the release of your latest documentary.
简,自从你最新的纪录片发布以来,最近你已经成为一个名人了
Can you tell us a little about it?
你能给我们稍微讲讲吗?
Well, it follows my expedition to study the vegetation indigenous to the rain forest in equatorial areas of southeast Asia.
好的,它纪录了我去考察研究东南亚赤道地区热带雨林原生植被的过程
You certainly get to travel to some very exotic locations.
你肯定去一些非常有异国风情的地方旅行过
It was far from glamorous, to be honest.
说实话,这一点也不迷人
The area we visited was accessible only by canoe and the living conditions in the hut were primitive to say the least.
我们去的地区只有独木舟才能到达,小屋的生活条件至少可以说是原始的
There was no electricity.
那里没有电
And our water supply was a nearby stream.
我们的水源就是附近的一条小溪
How were the weather conditions while you were there?
你们在那的时候天气情况怎么样?
The weather was not conducive to our work at all, since the humidity was almost unbearable.
天气一点也不利于我们的工作,潮湿得几乎让人无法忍受
At midday, we stayed in the hut and did nothing.
中午,我们待在小屋里,什么也不做
It was too humid to either work or sleep.
天气太潮湿,不能工作,也不能睡觉
How long did your team spend in the jungle?
你们团队在丛林里待了多久?
Originally, we planned to be there for a month.
原本我们计划在那里待一个月
But in the end, we stayed for only 2 weeks.
但最终我们只待了两个星期
Why did you cut the expedition short?
为什么你们缩短了行程时间?
Halfway through the trip, we received news that a hurricane was approaching.
旅行中途,我们收到消息说飓风要来了
We had to evacuate on very short notice.
我们不得不在很短的时间内撤离
That sounds like a fascinating anecdote.
听起来是个有趣的插曲
It was frightening.
很可怕的
The fastest evacuation route was through river Rapids.
最快的撤退路线是穿过急流河
We had to navigate them carrying all of our equipment.
我们必须带着我们所有的装备艰难行进
So overall was the journey unsuccessful?
所以总的来说这次旅行算是不成功的吗?
Absolutely not.
当然不是
We gathered a massive amount of data about the local plant life.
我们收集了大量关于当地植物的数据
Why do you put up with such adverse conditions?
为什么你们能够忍受如此恶劣的条件?
Botany is an obsession for me.
我对植物学痴迷
Many of the destinations I visit have a stunning scenery.
我去过的许多地方都有令人惊叹的风景
I get to meet a variety of people from all over the world.
我能遇到来自世界各地的各种各样的人
So where will your next destination be?
那么你们下个目的地是哪里?
I haven't decided yet.
我还没决定
Then we can leave it for another vacation. Thanks.
那我们可以留到另外的假期再聊
Questions 5 to 8 are based on the conversation you have just heard.
问题5到8基于你刚刚听到的对话
Q5: What does the man want Jane Foster to talk about?
问题5:男士想让简·福斯特谈论什么?
Q6: Why does the woman describe her experience as far from glamorous?
问题6:为什么这位女士说她的经历一点也不迷人?
Q7: Why did the woman and those who went with her end their trip halfway?
Q7:为什么这位女士和和她的同伴中途结束了他们的旅程?
Q8: What does the woman think of the journey?
问题8:这位女士认为这次旅行怎么样?