第62期:“在责备别人的时候,我想保持头脑清楚。”
日期:2023-03-18 10:49

(单词翻译:单击)


【句子】I like to keep a clear head when I’m telling people off. 【Desperate Housewives S02E04】

【发音技巧】like to失去爆破;keep a连读;when I’m连读;people off连读;

【翻译】在责备别人的时候,我想保持头脑清楚。


今天节目当中讲的短语有两个:

1. keep a clear head

这个短语的意思是:“保持头脑清醒,保持理性的思考(尤其指的是不受到酒精或者毒品的影响)”;

to maintain a rational manner, often because one is not under the influence of alcohol or drugs

在这里a clear head就指的是“清醒的头脑”,

eg: You need a clear head to be able to drive safely.

你得保持清醒,才能安全驾驶。


eg: I won't have another drink, thanks. I need to have a clear head for my meeting in the morning.

我就不再喝酒了,谢谢。早晨有会,我得保持清醒。


eg: You need to keep a clear head when you make a big decision like that.

当你做一个那么大的决定的时候,你得保持头脑的清醒。


eg: Don’t give me any wine, I must keep a clear head for the meeting this afternoon.

别给我喝红酒了,我今天下午还要开会,一定要保持一个清醒的头脑。


再来看看第二个短语:

tell sb. off,这个短语什么意思呢?

to scold someone; to attack someone verbally 苛责、批评某个人;言语攻击某一个人;

eg: It's about time someone told Jim off for his rude behavior in the office.

该是时候有人教训教训吉姆了,他在办公室的行为太过于粗鲁无礼。


eg: The waiter told off the rude customer for acting so inappropriately towards her.

这位服务员斥责了这位粗鲁的顾客,因为他对自己举止很不得体。


eg: The teacher told me off for swearing.

因为我骂人,老师训斥了我。


eg: If you make your sister cry, you'll get told off.

如果你把你妹妹惹哭了,你就得挨训了。


eg: Their teacher told them off for chattering in the lesson.

他们老师训他们了,因为他们上课的时候讲话。


eg: Rob told off his boss, then quit.

罗伯骂了他老板一顿,然后辞职了。


尝试翻译以下句子,并留言在文章留言区

I told him off for his arrogance.


主播老师微信:teacheryaoyao7

分享到