(单词翻译:单击)
It took everything I had to lift my head up and lick him, to let him know it was all right.
我用尽全力抬起头来舔他,让他知道一切都好。
I wasn’t afraid.
我不害怕。
My breathing turned raspy, and everyone remained with me, holding me.
我的呼吸变得嘶哑,每个人都待在我身边,抱着我。
It felt wonderful to receive so much attention, but then a shudder of pain shot through my stomach so sharp I couldn’t help but cry out loud.
受到如此多的关注,我感觉很好,但突然一阵剧痛掠过我的胃,我忍不住大声叫了出来。
The nice man came in then, and he had another needle.
这时,那个男人走了进来,他又拿了一根针。
“We need to do this now; Bailey shouldn’t have to suffer.”
“我们现在就要这样做;不要让贝利受苦了。”
“Okay,” the boy said, crying.
“好吧,”男孩哭着说。
I tried to wag my tail at the sound of my name, but I found I couldn’t manage even a twitch.
我一听到我的名字就想摇尾巴,但我发现连一下都摇不动了。
There was another jab in my neck.
我的脖子又挨了一针。
“Bailey, Bailey, Bailey, I’m going to miss you, doodle dog,” Ethan whispered in my ear.
“贝利,贝利,贝利,我会想你的,我的贝利,”伊森在我耳边小声说。
His breath was warm and delightful.
他的呼吸温暖而愉快。
I closed my eyes at the pleasure of it, the sheer pleasure of love from the boy, love by the boy.And then, just like that, the pain was gone—
我闭上了眼睛,享受着这一刻的快乐,因为我有伊森的爱,他纯粹的爱让我感到快乐。然后,就这样,疼痛消失了。
in fact, I felt like a puppy again, full of life and joy.
事实上,我感觉自己又像一只小狗了,充满了活力和欢乐。
I remembered feeling like this the first time I ever saw the boy, coming out of his house and running to me with his arms open wide.
我还记得我第一次见到伊森时的感觉就是这样。那时候,他从房子里出来,张开双臂向我跑过来。
That made me think of diving after the boy during rescue, the fading light as I dove deeper,
这让我想到了自己追着伊森潜入水中,随着越游越深,光线也愈发昏暗,
the way the thick water pushed against my body, just like now.
浑厚的水波推动着我的身体,就像现在一样。
I could no longer feel the boy’s hands touching me;
我再也感觉不到伊森抚摸我的手了;
I could just feel the water on all sides: warm and gentle and dark.
我能感觉到周身都是水:温暖、柔和、黑暗。
