(单词翻译:单击)
Hello. I'm John Russell.
大家好,我是约翰·罗素
In a recent video, I compared casual speech with cutting away plants in a thick jungle.
在最近的一个视频中,我把口语化的表达比作在茂密的丛林中砍伐植物
The basic ideas that speakers of American English cut off sounds or parts of words, much like a person going through the jungle might cut away leaves or branches.
说美式英语的人会删减单词的发音或单词的某个部分,就像一个人在丛林中穿行时会切断树叶或树枝一样
Understanding this idea can help you with your listening comprehension.
理解这个观点有助于你的听力理解
Let's explore some common kinds of questions.
我们来看一下下面几个常见问题
Did you…?
你……了吗?
Do you want to…?
你想……吗?
What do you…?
你……?
Consider this question-- one you might read or hear in formal English.
考虑一下这个问题——一个你可能在正式英语中读到或听到的问题
Did you call me?
你给我打电话了吗?
In casual speech, I might say something like this: Joo call me?
在非正式表达中,我可能会说:Joo call me?
In other words, I cut the structure "did you" and replaced it with "joo".
换句话说,我把"did you"替换成了 "joo"
Joo call me? Joo? Joo call me?
你给我打电话了吗?
Now consider this question in formal written English: Do you want to go for a walk?
想一下这句话,正式的书面语中会说:你想去散步吗?
In casual speech, a person might say, "wanna go for a walk?" "Wanna go for a walk?"
在非正式表达中,可能会说:"wanna go for a walk?"你想去散步吗?
This time, I cut out the word do and the subject of the sentence, "you".
这次,我去掉了do这个词和句子的主语you
Now consider our final question: What do you…?
现在想一下我们的最后一个问题:你……?
As in, "what do you think?"
比如,你认为呢?
It sounds like this in casual speech: "Wadda you think?" Or "wadda ya think?"
在非正式表达中听起来是这样:"Wadda you think?"或者"wadda ya think?"
"Wadda you think?" Or "wadda ya think?"
"Wadda you think?"或者"wadda ya think?"(你认为呢?)
Please note that these casual structures are generally not used in writing.
请注意,这些非正式的结构通常不会在写作中使用
You do not need to use them either.
你也不需要使用它们
But you should be familiar with them so that you understand them.
但是你应该熟悉它们,这样你才能理解它们
That's all for today. Keep up the good work.
以上就是本期视频的全部内容,继续加油吧