(单词翻译:单击)
Hello I'm John Russell.
大家好,我是约翰·罗素
Imagine you are walking through a thick jungle.
想象你正在穿过一片茂密的丛林
You might want to use something such as machete or an axe to cut a path.
你可能想用砍刀或斧头之类的东西来开路
Casual speech in American English is in some ways like our trip in the jungle.
美式英语中的口语化表达在某些方面就像我们的丛林之旅
I'll explain.
我来解释一下
We use casual speech in everyday conversations with our friends or people we meet.
在与朋友或我们遇到的人的日常对话中,我们使用随意的语言
In these situations, we are sometiomes less careful about how we pronounce words and how we use grammer.
在这些情况下,我们有时不太注意如何发音和如何使用语法
This is where the machete comes in.
这就是砍刀的作用
Just like we use a machete to make our way quicker through a jungle, so too, do we cut out words to make our way through conversations quicker.
就像我们用砍刀在丛林中走得更快一样,我们也会用删减词汇来加快对话的速度
For example: "Do you want to go?"
比如:Do you want to go? 你想去吗?
In casual speech, we might say "Wanna go?"
随意语言中,我们会说: Wanna go?你想去吗?
The auxiliary verb "do" was cut out, as was the word "to".
助动词“do”和“to”都被删掉了
Then I combined some of the leftovers.
然后我把剩下的结合在一起
We also cut out some consonants or syllables of common words.
我们还删去了一些常用词的辅音或音节
For example, "Probably" becomes something like this: "probly". Probably. probly.
比如"Probably" 变成"probly"
Or "Remember" becomes something like this:"member". Remember. Member.
或者"Remember"变成"member"
When you listen to Americans speak and you have trouble understanding, ask yourself, what are they cutting out?
当你听美国人说话而你听不懂时,问问自己,他们省略了什么?
We will explore some of the most common ways Americans cut out words and sounds in future videos.
在以后的视频中,我们将探讨美国人最常见的一些省略单词和发音的方法
That's all for today, keep up the good work.
以上就是今天的全部内容,继续加油吧