(单词翻译:单击)
You've likely heard it said, teachers are heroes.
你可能听过这样一句话:教师是英雄
This video proves it.
这段视频证明了这一点
A bottle cap is lodged in nine-year-old Robert's throat.
一个瓶盖卡在了9岁的罗伯特的喉咙里
I was trying to open the bottle with my hand and I couldn't cause it the bottle cap was too tight so I opened it with my mouth and I was squeezing it and it went down my throat.
我用手开瓶盖,但没能打开,它太紧了,所以我试着用嘴打开,我挤了一下瓶子,瓶盖就进到了我的喉咙
I couldn't breathe at all.
我完全不能呼吸了
He struggles to breathe and starts to panic.
他努力呼吸,开始惊慌失措
First, Robert runs to the sink to try to spit out the cap, then he runs to his teacher JaNiece Jenkins for help.
首先,罗伯特跑到水槽边,试图把瓶盖吐出来,然后他跑向他的老师珍妮丝·詹金斯寻求帮助
He ran over to me and he's mouthing but there's no sound coming out and he's pointing to his throat that you know he needs help.
他向我跑来,嘴里在说话,但发不出声音,他指着他的喉咙说,我就明白了他需要帮助
So I saw that he needed help, I acted on my training and I performed the Heimlich Maneuver.
我看到他需要帮助,就按照我之前训练的内容采取了海姆立克急救法
And we got the cap out, Robert was okay and I was grateful.
我们把瓶盖弄出来了,罗伯特很好,我很高兴
So grateful that he was okay but I'm just like, this really happened and I had to save him.
我很高兴他没事,但我那时只是想,这真的发生了,我必须救他
I never ever thought that I was going to have to use my first day CPR training.
我从未想过我将不得不第一次使用急救和心肺复苏训练的内容
I was happy to have had it but I never thought that I was going to have to use it and I'm grateful for that training because you never know.
我很高兴我接受过相关训练,但我从来没有想过会真的用到它,我很感激这次训练,因为你永远不会知道未来会发生什么
I love you.
我爱你
I love you, too.
我也爱你
Robert's family is feeling the love, too.
罗伯特的家人也感受到了爱
She saved a life.
她拯救了一条生命
So I think she did a great job and we greatly appreciate it.
所以我认为她做得很好,我们非常感激
JaNiece was given the key to the city a few weeks later for her heroism.
几周后,珍妮丝因其英勇事迹获得了城市钥匙的荣誉
Her class, including Robert were right there to cheer her on.
她的班级,包括罗伯特在内,都在那里为她喝彩
But JaNiece says the best thing that could come out of this is if it inspires someone else to get trained.
但珍妮丝说,她希望这件事最好能激励其他人接受培训
You know this is a perfect example of not knowing, not knowing that you're going to be that person to save a life.
你知道,这是一个完美的例子,因为我们不会把自己当做可能拯救他人生命的人
We're always thinking that there's somebody there there's, there's somebody more responsible, there's a nurse.
我们总是认为有其他负责做这件事的人在,有护士在
But there's also cases where there's, there's not anyone there.
但在一些情况下,你找不到人帮忙
So if I wasn't certified this could have gone a whole another way and thank God that I was able to help him because I was certified.
所以,如果我没有获得急救证书,可能结果会完全不同,感谢上帝,我获得了证书,所以能够帮助他
So yes, get certified, pay attention, because you never know.
所以,是的,获得证书,时刻警惕,因为你永远不知道未来会发生什么