(单词翻译:单击)
I was so astounded by what greeted me, I didn't even feel the foot in my back as Bobby pushed me inside the enclosure.
我被迎接我的东西吓了一跳,当鲍比把我推进围栏时,我甚至没有感觉到我的后脚。
Dogs. There were dogs everywhere.
狗。到处都是狗。
Several were as large as or even larger than Mother,
有几只和妈妈一样大,甚至比妈妈还大,
and some were smaller, and all were milling freely around in a large enclosure,
有的小一些,全都在一个大围场里自由地转来转去,
a huge yard surrounded by a high wooden fence.
一个被高高的木栅栏围着的大院子。
I scampered forward toward a knot of friendly-looking dogs not much older than myself,
我奔向一群看起来很友好的狗,它们比我大不了多少,
halting just as I got to them to pretend to be fascinated by something on the ground.
我刚走到他们跟前就停住了,假装被地面上的什么东西吸引住了。
The three dogs in front of me were all light colored and all females,
我前面的三只狗都是浅色的,都是雌性的,
so I seductively peed on a mound of dirt before joining them to sniff politely at their rear ends.
于是我在一堆泥土上撒尿,然后加入了他们,礼貌地用鼻子闻他们的屁股。
I was so happy at this turn of events I felt like barking, but Mother and Fast were not having as easy a time of it.
我很高兴,我想吠叫,但母亲和Fast就没那么开心了。
Mother, in fact, was hunting along the perimeter of the fence, seeking a way out, her nose pressed to the ground.
事实上,母亲正沿着篱笆寻找出路,鼻子紧贴着地面。
Fast had approached a group of males and now stood stiffly with them, his tail quivering,
Fast已经接近了一群雄性狗狗,现在僵硬地站在他们中间,尾巴颤抖着,
while each took a turn lifting a leg against a fence post.
每个人轮流抬起一条腿朝着栅栏撒尿。
One of the males moved to stand squarely in Fast's path while another circled back to sniff him aggressively from the rear,
其中一只公狗径直站在了Fast的必经之路上,另一只则绕了回来,从后面咄咄逼人地嗅着他,
and that's when my poor brother folded.
就在那时,我可怜的哥哥蜷缩起来了。
His butt sagged, and as he turned to face the male behind him his tail curved and slid up between his legs.
他的屁股下垂,当他转身面对身后的公狗时,他的尾巴弯曲着夹到了两腿中间。
I wasn't at all surprised when, seconds later, he was on his back, squirming with a certain desperate playfulness.
几秒钟后,当他仰面躺着,带着某种绝望,戏谑地扭动着身子时,我一点也不惊讶。
I guessed he was no longer the boss.
我猜他不再是老大了。
