(单词翻译:单击)
Is it more cognitive or emotional?
它是更具认知性还是更情绪化?
Where can you place it?
你能把它归到哪里?
It can be both.
两者都有
In psychology, we never think of cognition, emotions and behavior as being separate.
在心理学中,我们从来不认为认知、情绪和行为是分开的
We always think of there being bidirectional arrows between all of those things.
我们总是认为在所有这些东西之间有双向的箭头
Emotions pretty much always come with thoughts and vice versa.
情感几乎总是伴随着思想的,反之亦然
Because all of those things have bidirectional arrows between them, what it in essence means is that even if you see your procrastination as being primarily emotional or primarily cognitive, or primarily about habits.
因为所有这些东西之间都有双向箭头,所以它本质上意味着,即使你认为你的拖延主要是情绪上的,或者主要是认知上的,或者主要是因为习惯
Whatever the causes, those other causes will be mixed in.
无论是什么原因,这些原因都是混合在一起的
And any strategy that you can use, whether it targets behavior or emotions or thoughts is probably going to work no matter what you see the primary root of it as being, because those things are so interlinked.
任何你可以使用的策略,无论它针对的是行为、情绪还是思想,都可能起作用,无论你认为它的主要根源是什么,因为这些东西是相互关联的
So let’s start down the line here and go through three different areas where we can really make a difference when it comes to changing how we work.
因此,让我们从这里开始,通过三个不同的领域,改变我们的工作方式,真正发挥作用
Let’s start with better habits.
让我们从更好的习惯开始吧
How can we create better habits to avoid procrastinating?
我们怎样才能养成更好的习惯来避免拖延症?
Yeah, so people will have heard a lot about habits in recent years.
是的,所以最近几年人们会听说很多关于习惯的事情
It’s been a popular topic.
这一直是一个热门话题
And the general gist of it is that habits make behaviors more automatic.
它的总体要点是,习惯使行为更加自然而然
So the classic example that’s always used in any intro psych textbook is driving: that once we’re not a novice driver anymore, whenever we sit in the driver seat of a car, we go through a sequence of behaviors without really even thinking about what we are doing.
心理学入门教材中经常用到的一个经典例子就是驾驶,一旦我们不再是新手司机了,当我们坐在汽车的驾驶座上,我们会经历了一系列的行为,但是并不是经过有意思考的
When we are novice drivers, we have to think carefully about checking the mirrors and all the steps.
当我们是新手司机时,我们必须仔细考虑检查后视镜和所有步骤
But it becomes over-learned and it becomes automatic.
但它经过过度学习,变得自动行为
And what they have figured out through habits research is that when a behavior becomes more automatic, it starts to require less self-control to do that thing.
他们通过习惯研究发现,当一种行为变得更加无意识时,做那件事就开始需要更少的自控力
So if you have a consistent study habit, it becomes easier to resist distractions.
因此,如果你有一个持续的学习习惯,就更容易抵制干扰
If you want a behavior to require less self control, then make it a consistent habit.
如果你想让一种行为不那么需要自我控制,那么就让它成为一种持续的习惯
And people really think about habits in a very narrow way.
人们对习惯的理解是非常狭隘的
They think of it as being about daily habits.
他们认为这是关于日常习惯的
But there are also a lot of other ways to use habits.
但也有很多其他方式来使用习惯
You also argue for people to create better systems to help them start new tasks.
你还主张人们创建更好的系统来帮助他们开始新的任务
In particular, starting new tasks is a problem.
特别是,开始新的任务是一个问题
Why is that?
为什么会这样呢?
So often what we put off is stuff that’s novel.
因此,我们经常推迟的是新奇的东西
People have a comfort level with tasks that they do all the time.
人们对他们一直在做的任务有一个舒适的水平
And that’s what we often think first about.
这就是我们首先想到的
We think about people procrastinating things that they have to do every month or every week or every day.
我们考虑的是那些每天、每周、每个月都会拖延的人们