(单词翻译:单击)
"This is no locus docendi, it is true," began the clerical gentleman;
"此地的确并不是locus docendi(拉丁语中文教地区的意思),"这人说
"yet I beg you earnestly to let us profit by your learning.
"但我希望足下多发表一点意见来启发我们
Your reading in the ancients is, sine dubio, of vast extent?"
足下的古典书籍一定读得不少
"Oh yes, I've read something, to be sure," replied the Councillor.
"唔,不错,是的,我当然读过一些,"司法官说
"I like reading all useful works;
"我是喜欢读有用的古典著作的;
but I do not on that account despise the modern ones;
不过我也喜欢读近代的著作;
'tis only the unfortunate 'Tales of Every-day Life' that I cannot bear -- we have enough and more than enough such in reality."
只是《每日故事集》是一本例外;老实讲,这类书我们太多了
"'Tales of Every-day Life?'" said our Bachelor inquiringly.
"《每日故事集》?"我们的学士问
"I mean those new fangled novels, twisting and writhing themselves in the dust of commonplace, which also expect to find a reading public."
"是的,我指的是一般的流行小说
"Oh," exclaimed the clerical gentleman smiling, "there is much wit in them; besides they are read at court.
"原来如此!"这人微笑了一下,"这些书写得很聪明,宫里的人都喜欢读
The King likes the history of Sir Iffven and Sir Gaudian particularly, which treats of King Arthur, and his Knights of the Round Table;
皇上特别喜欢读关于伊文及哥甸先生的传奇
he has more than once joked about it with his high vassals."
他常常跟大臣们把这故事作为谈笑的资料
"I have not read that novel," said the Councillor; "it must be quite a new one, that Heiberg has published lately."
"这本书我倒还没有读过!"司法官说,"这一定是海贝尔格所出版的一本新书了
"No," answered the theologian of the time of King Hans: "that book is not written by a Heiberg, but was imprinted by Godfrey von Gehmen."
"不对,"学士说,"这书并不是由海贝尔格出版的,而是由高得夫里·冯·格曼出版的
"Oh, is that the author's name?" said the Councillor.
"真的?他就是作者本人吗?"司法官问
"It is a very old name, and, as well as I recollect, he was the first printer that appeared in Denmark."
"这是一个很老的名字!这不也是丹麦第一个印刷所的名字吗?"
"Yes, he is our first printer," replied the clerical gentleman hastily.
"是的,他是我国印刷业的始祖
So far all went on well.
谈话一直进行得还不坏