(单词翻译:单击)
So we're gonna work with wild pumpkins today, the way you get one is you go into the forest and take a medium-length cardboard tube and just want to give it a little...
所以我们今天要用到野生南瓜,你搞到南瓜的方法是到森林里去,拿一个中等长度的纸筒,给它来一个……
I'll just give this a minute and oh here comes one!
我先等一分钟看看,噢,来了一个!
Come on! Come on, buddy!
过来吧!来吧,朋友!
See if we get him to jump right into my hand.
来看看我们能不能让它直接跳到我手上
Come on, little guy!
过来,小家伙!
There we go! Look at this little ragamuffin.
成了!看看这个小破孩
So we're gonna get the pie crust ready here.
我们要先把派皮准备好
You want to take four or five slices of whole-grain bread.
你需要四五片全麦面包
Cut off the crust and then gently press those into a pie shell.
把面包边切掉,然后轻轻地把它们压在派皮容器里
Just keep spinning and pressing until you get a nice smooth texture, and then brush off the extra crusticles, and... there's your shell.
不停地转动和按压,直到它的表面变得平整,然后把多余的面包渣弄掉,然后……派皮就做好了
So we're gonna take our wild pumpkin and cut the top off and slide that can out.
我们要把野生南瓜的顶部切掉,让罐头滑出来
Give it a good rinse to get the guts off it and...
好好冲洗一下,把瓤洗掉,然后……
Get that pumpkin into a bowl, we're gonna throw in two bagged eggs.
把这些南瓜放到碗里,放两个袋装鸡蛋
3/4 a cup of white sugar, this will help the pie to taste just a touch sweeter.
加入3/4杯白糖,这会让派尝起来更甜
1/2 a teaspoon of salt, and the spices...
半茶匙盐,还有香料…
This part's... a little bit sad for me.
这个部分……让我有点难过
When I got the recipe from my mom, she said it takes 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, 1 teaspoon of ground ginger, and a quarter teaspoon of cloves or and I quote, "I use two and a quarter teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice."
当我从我妈妈那里拿到这个食谱时,她说需要1茶匙肉桂,1茶匙生姜粉,和1/4茶匙丁香,或者,她的原话“我用了2又1/4茶匙南瓜派香料
Just out here trying to come to terms of the fact that I've been eating the pumpkin pie of shortcuts my whole life.
我现在就是试图接受这个事实,那就是我这辈子吃的都是走了捷径的南瓜派
Here I thought my mom wasn't afraid to get her elbows greasy and...
我还以为我妈不怕把手肘弄得油乎乎……
Now I know she just likes to take the easy way out.
现在我知道她只是喜欢简单的方法
And the sad thing about it is that if you combine these spices which is super easy and then compare it to the pumpkin pie spice...
令人难过的是,把这些调料混合起来非常简单,然后把它和南瓜派调料相比较……
So we're gonna use two and a quarter teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice.
所以,我们还是用2又1/4茶匙的南瓜派香料吧
And we just wanna wangjangle this together really good and once you've got that mixed, pouring it into another bowl is totally unnecessary.
然后把它搅拌均匀,一旦你把它们混合好了,就倒进另外一个碗里,不过这是完全没有必要的
In my family we usually add the cream directly from the udder of a cow.
在我家,我们通常加的是直接从奶牛身上挤的奶油
But since I can't fit a cow in my kitchen, I've got this condiment squeezer.
但因为我的厨房装不下一头奶牛,所以我就用这个调料挤压器
And I'm just gonna squeeze the udder while I slowly mix the cream until that's way soupier than you would ever expect.
挤压奶牛乳房,同时慢慢搅拌奶油,直到它变得比你想象的更浓稠
You're gonna be like, "no way is this a pie filling."
你会说“这绝对不是派馅”
But guess what? You're wrong, it's a pie filling.
但你猜怎么着?你错了,这就是派馅
Once that's nice and smooth, you're just gonna pour that in the pie shell and make sure you don't go too far to the top because this is basically a bowl of water.
等它变得光滑了,你就可以把它倒在派皮上,注意不要倒得太满,因为这基本上是一碗水
Undow's on four twenty fundo and we're gonna cook that for 15 minutes at this hot temperature.
烤箱开到420华氏度,在这个高温下烤15分钟
So that way we can get maximum crispy crustatude.
这样我们就能得到超脆的脆皮
And then after 15 minutes, we're gonna lower that to 350.
15分钟后,把温度降到350华氏度
And you'll bake that between 30 and 45 minutes.
烤30到45分钟
The way you're gonna test this by checking for the wobble.
你要通过看它摆动的情况来检测它
You want to just give it a hit and if there's still a significant wobble, that pie's not cooked all the way through.
碰它一下,如果仍然有明显的晃动,那派就还没完全熟
You want some turgidity in the resistance of the wobbliness and jiggliness of the pumpkin pie filling.
你需要一些膨胀来抵抗南瓜饼馅的摇摆和晃动
That's how you know it's done.
这样你就知道已经做好了
And then once it's set, you want to leave that to sit for at least an hour if not longer.
烤好之后,你要将它至少静置一个小时
And then all you have to do is decide how you want to whip cream it.
然后你要做的就是决定如何放奶油
You can do the mohawk, the fluffy bed cloud, the stupid.
你可以做成莫霍克发型,蓬松的云朵床,愚蠢的样子
Feel free to do the rim job.
随意描个边
You can go with the nihilist, the volcano, or the anarchist.
你可以选择虚无主义,火山,或者无政府主义
Pumpkin, pumpkin, pumpkin pie.
南瓜,南瓜,南瓜派
Get it in the season when everything dies.
在万物凋零的季节就吃它
Shove it in your face and try not to cry when you eat that pumpin' pumpkin pie.
把它塞到你脸上,吃南瓜派的时候别哭
My heart is sunken, shoulders slumping cause I can't get me a pumpkin PIE! PIE! PIE! PIE!
我的心沉了,肩膀也耷拉了,因为我吃不到南瓜派!派!派!派!