(单词翻译:单击)
中英文本
Just Like Dad. Nearly 25 years ago, my father told me about his experiences in the Vietnam War.
像父亲一样 。大约25年前,我父亲给我讲了他参加越战的经历 。
One night, he was stranded in unfamiliar territory with a flat tire.
一天晚上,由于轮胎漏气,他被困在了不熟悉的地区 。
Luckily, a fellow soldier came along and gave my father his spare.
幸运的是,一个战友过来把他的备用轮胎给了我父亲 。
Now I’m a paramedic. I recently worked with an older EMT I had never met.
现在我是一名护理人员 。我最近和一位我从未见过的年长急救医生一起工作 。
At the end of our 12-hour shift, he said, “You know, you look a lot like your father.”
在我们12小时的轮班结束时,他说:“你知道吗,你长得很像你爸爸 。”
He recognized my last name. I had been paired up with the hero who’d saved my father 50 years earlier.
他认出了我的姓 。我和50年前救了我父亲的英雄一起工作 。
A Very Special Finish. My son, Mark, volunteered to help Cherie, a young runner, at a local Special Olympics.
一次非常特别的收尾 。在当地的一次特殊奥林匹克运动会,我儿子马克自愿帮助一名叫切丽的跑步运动员 。
Cherie was happy and enthusiastic. Mark encouraged her, kept her calm, and let her know when it was time to line up for her race.
切丽非常开心,充满热情 。马克鼓励了她,让她冷静,让她知道什么时候排队参加比赛 。
When the starting pistol sounded, she took off like a lightning bolt, leaving her fellow racers behind.
当开始的枪声响起,她像闪电一样跑了出去,把其他参赛选手抛在后面 。
As she neared the finish line, she stopped, turned around, and motioned for the other runners to hurry.
在接近终点线时,她停了下来,转过身,示意其他选手加快速度 。
She waited for them so they could all cross the finish line together.
她在等待他们,这样他们就可以一块越过终点线了 。
Waste Not, Want Not. I was getting lunch at the deli counter of our neighborhood grocery store.
不浪费,不想要 。我在邻居杂货店的熟食柜台吃午餐 。
In addition to my sandwich, I ordered a quarter pound of macaroni salad.
除了我的三明治,我还点了一份四分之一磅的通心粉沙拉 。
The clerk put the salad on the scale and apologized that it was a little more than I had asked for.
店员把沙拉放在了秤上,并道歉说,它比我要的分量更重一点 。
Was that all right? I said it was fine and that it wouldn’t go to waste.
这样行吗?我说没关系,不会浪费的 。
That’s when the grandmotherly customer next in line replied, “Well, it would sure go to mine!”
这时,我后面的一位老奶奶顾客说,“本来它会是我的!”
重点讲解
1.come along一起来
There's a barbecue tonight and you're very welcome to come along.
今晚有个烧烤野餐,非常欢迎你一起来 。
2.line up排队
The senior leaders lined up behind him in orderly rows.
高级领导人有序地排列在他身后 。
译文由可可原创,仅供学习交流使用,未经许可请勿转载 。
![](https://img.kekenet.com/app/keke/wap_app.png)