(单词翻译:单击)
Coming up on Jonathan Bird's Blue World, a claustrophobic Florida cave dive!
接下来请收看乔纳森的《蓝色世界》,在佛罗里达州一个幽闭恐怖的洞穴中潜水!
Hi, I'm Jonathan Bird and welcome to my world!
嗨,我是乔纳森·伯德,欢迎来到我的世界!
Florida has a well-deserved reputation for sun, sand and ocean.
佛罗里达州以阳光、沙滩和海洋而闻名
But North Florida is known in the scuba diving community as a top cave diving destination—cave country.
但是,北佛罗里达州在潜水界被誉为洞穴潜水的顶级目的地——洞穴国家
Most North Americans learn to cave dive here in Florida cave country then once they're certified,
大多数北美人在佛罗里达的洞穴国家学习洞穴潜水,他们获得认证后,
they go out around the world having more cave diving adventures to places like the Bahamas and the Yucatan.
就会到世界各地,如巴哈马和尤卡坦半岛等地,进行更多的洞穴潜水探险
But I did it backwards.
但我是倒过来做的
I learned to cave dive in the Bahamas, and I've never even seen a Florida cave.
我在巴哈马学会了洞穴潜水,却从未见过佛罗里达的洞穴
Today, I'm going to have my first Florida cave dive!
今天,我要进行第一次佛罗里达洞穴潜水!
This is Jug Hole, at Ichetucknee Springs State Park.
这是伊切图克恩·斯普林斯州立公园的水壶洞
Above water it just looks like a little pond.
水面上看起来就像一个小池塘
But underwater, nestled within a ring of eel grass, there is a hole going straight down into the Earth.
但在水下,依偎在一圈鳗鱼草中,有一个洞直入地下
In this part of Florida the soil is thin over a base of limestone created by ancient coral reefs.
在佛罗里达州的这一地区,土壤覆盖着由古老珊瑚礁形成的石灰岩基底
But over millions of years, rain water has eaten away at the limestone, creating a kind of Swiss cheese called karst.
但是数百万年来,雨水侵蚀了石灰岩,形成了一种叫做喀斯特的瑞士奶酪
It's full of caves, which are full of water.
到处都是洞穴,里面都是水
In places, the water flows out of the ground in springs that form surface rivers and streams.
在某些地方,泉水从地面流出,在地表形成河流和溪流
That's exactly what Jug Hole is—a spring.
那正是水壶洞——一个温泉
I begin my day at Amigos Dive Center in Fort White with owner Wayne Kinard, my guide to diving North Florida.
我在怀特堡的阿米戈斯潜水中心开始了我的第一天,该中心的主人韦恩·基纳德是我在佛罗里达州北部潜水的向导
Wayne's shop is smack dab in the middle of Florida Cave country!
韦恩的店铺就在佛罗里达山洞的中部!
We load tanks and gear and hit the road for a short drive to an amazing place.
我们装上坦克和装备,在公路上开了一小段路,来到一个令人惊叹的地方
Soon we arrive at Icketucknee Springs State Park, which has no less than 7 springs that together feed the Icketucknee River.
我们很快就到了伊克图奇恩·斯普林斯州立公园,那儿有不少于七个泉水,共同为伊克图奇恩斯河提供水源
After a short walk, lugging gear in a cart, we reach Blue Hole Spring, known to the locals as Jug Hole, one of largest of the springs.
我们走了一小段路,拖着一辆运货车,来到蓝洞泉水,当地人称之为“壶洞”,是最大的泉水之一
It flows at between 40 and 60 million gallons a day, which is enough to fill 2 swimming pools every minute!
它每天的流量在4000万到6000万加仑之间,足够每分钟填满两个游泳池!
We suit up with sidemount cave diving gear and prepare to explore Jug Hole.
我们穿着侧挂洞穴潜水装备,准备探索水壶洞
And as soon as we are ready, Todd's camera malfunctions.
我们一准备好,托德的摄像机就坏了
After I sealed it, everything was working then.
我封好之后,一切都正常了
Underwater cameras are notoriously finicky, and they always pick inconvenient moments to act up.
众所周知,水下摄像机非常娇气,总在不方便时出现故障
With the camera sorted out, we head underwater, with Wayne leading the way.
摄像机整理好后,我们就潜到水下,韦恩带路
Water is gushing out of the spring.
泉水正在涌出
It blows us back with such force that we need to fight to get down into the entrance to the cave.
它用如此强大的力量击退我们,我们需要搏斗才能进入洞穴的入口
Once through the narrow opening, we enter a large cavern zone that opens up like a jug inside, which is where the spring gets its name.
穿过狭窄的洞口,我们进入一个巨大的洞穴区域,里面像罐子一样打开,这就是这个泉水得名的原因
At the bottom of the jug, the cave leads down at an angle.
在罐子的底部,洞穴以一个角度向下延伸
Wayne ties a guideline and leads the way.
韦恩制定了一个指导方针,还在前面领路
I follow behind with my big camera, fighting just to make forward progress against the strong current.
我用我的大摄像机跟在后面,奋力向前,对抗强劲的水流
Most well-visited caves like this one have a warning sign to remind divers who aren't cave trained to stay out.
大多数像这种人们经常造访的洞穴,都有一个警告标志,提醒那些没有接受过洞穴训练的潜水员不要靠近
I push past the warning sign, leaving the cavern zone where you can still see light from the opening.
我推开警告标志,离开洞穴区域,你在那儿仍然可以看到来自洞口的光
Soon we arrive at a wide but very low section of cave.
很快,我们到达了一个很宽但很低的洞穴
It barely looks like anyone can fit in there, but Wayne squeezes right in.
看起来几乎没人能进去,但韦恩挤了进去
As I push in behind him, I realize that my camera is almost too large to fit.
当我跟着他挤进去后,我意识到摄像机太大了,没地方装
This wide, but low section of cave is called the bedding plane.
这个宽而低的洞穴被称为岩层面
There was a layer of softer rock in this space, but it was dissolved away by the water,
在这个空间里有一层较软的岩石,但它被水溶解掉了,
leaving the harder rock on the ceiling and floor.
在顶部和地面上留下较硬的岩石
The current through here is very strong.
这里的水流很强
Cameraman Todd and I have to claw our way forward.
我和摄影师托德必须奋力向前