(单词翻译:单击)
Hey, I don't know if you saw this, but something happened over the weekend on an airplane, and it went viral.
不知道大家看过这个没 周末一架飞机上发生了一件事 而且火了
It's a video of a man punching the back of a woman's chair because she reclined her seat.
是一个视频 一个男人捶打一个女人的座椅后背 就因为这个女人靠在座椅上
Have you seen this? Yeah. OK.
大家看了吗?看了 好
If you haven't seen it, I want to show it to you, and then we're going to discuss it, OK?
要是还没看 我给你们放一下 然后咱们来讨论讨论 好吧
This is-- she started recording this, and he just nonstop punched the back of her chair.
她开始录视频了 但那个男的还是继续捶她的座椅后背
He glances up, making sure.
他往上瞥了一眼 确认一下
He obviously said something.
他肯定说了什么
You can't tell what he-- anyway, it looks uncomfortable,
看不出来他 总之 看着让人觉得很不舒服
but Brookstone charges $600 for a chair like that. So--
但那样一个座位 布鲁克斯东可要收600美元呢 所以
Anyway, the video started a great debate over who's right in this situation, the man or the woman.
总之 这个视频在网上引发了激烈争论 大家在讨论是这个男的对还是女的对
I can't even believe that there's a debate over this, but before we take sides on this,
难以置信这还有争论的必要 但在我们站队之前
I want to make sure you have all the information that I have.
我想让大家了解我知道的所有信息
Here's what I know. I wasn't there. I don't know.
以下是我了解到的信息 我没在场 我也不清楚
But the man couldn't recline his own seat because he was in the very last row by the bathrooms,
这名男子没法靠在自己的座椅后背上 因为他是在最后一排 旁边就是卫生间
which, in my opinion, should be free, but for some reason they cost the same as all the other seats.
在我看来 这儿的座位就该是免费的 但不知道为啥 收费竟然跟其他座位一样
So he asked the woman to put her seat up while he ate, because he had very little room,
所以他让前面那名女子把座位收起来点 方便他吃饭 因为他的座位空间太小了
which there is on the planes like that, so she put her seat up.
在飞机上确实有这种情况 所以女子就把座位收起来了点儿
But then when he finished eating, she reclined it.
等男子吃完饭后 女子就继续靠着座椅后背
Then he started a boxing match with her seat.
然后这名男子就跟女子的座位展开了一场拳击赛
So how many people vote for the woman that he was in the wrong?
有多少人支持这名女子 认为是男的不对?
OK. All right. How many people vote for the man that he was--
好 好 有多少人支持男子
you raised your hand. I'm just so curious.
你举手了 我很好奇
Why do you think it was OK for him to punch the back of her seat?
你为什么觉得他捶前面的座位是对的?
Well, not punch, but, you know, he should have been asking nicely.
嗯 不应该捶 但他应该态度好一点 跟她说一下
He did. He asked her to put it up when he ate, and then she put it back that when she was done.
他确实说了 他吃饭的时候让女子把座位收起来 等他吃完女子又把座位放下去了
But you still think it's OK that he punched?
你依然觉得他捶座位没错吗?
No. You changed your mind, or are you getting peer pressure?
不 你改变主意了 还是说感受到了同伴压力?
I don't want you to-- I'm just curious. I just think it's amazing.
我不想让你 我就是纳闷儿 觉得不可思议
I mean, the woman reported it to the flight attendant, and the flight attendant took the man's side.
这名女子跟乘务员反映了这一情况 乘务员觉得这个男的是对的
Are you the flight attendant?
你就是那名乘务员吗?
But the flight attendant took the man's side, and honestly, I just--
乘务员支持这个男的 说实话 我
I don't understand that there's a debate over this,
我不明白这还有啥好争的
because, speaking just for me, I can't believe anybody is taking the man's side,
因为在我看来 不敢相信会有人支持这个男的
because to me, the only, only time it's ever OK to punch someone's seat is if the seat punches you first.
我觉得 你唯一可以捶别人椅子的原因就是人家的椅子先捶了你
I think then you can punch the seat back.
那时候你才能反击回去
Otherwise, don't punch someone's seat.
否则就不要捶别人的座椅
It's the first clue that you're doing something that you shouldn't be doing if someone pulls out a phone and starts recording you for evidence.
这就是你在做不该做的事的第一个线索 因为有人在拿手机录视频取证
At that point, you know you're going to become a YouTube star,
那时候你就该知道自己会成为YouTube网红
and not the kind where you make a million dollars for opening toys.
还不是靠玩具开箱就能发大财的那种
Also, airline seats are made to recline.
而且 飞机座椅本来就是让人靠的
She has a right to recline her chair, and I get it.
她有权靠着自己的座椅 我理解
There's not a lot of leg room. You're frustrated.
你的腿放不下 你很毛
You're hot because of the beard.
满嘴的胡子还让你觉得燥热
But you're also an adult, and you have to act like an adult.
但你也是个成年人啊 就该有成年人的样子
You're on a plane. Don't pick on her like a third grader, punching the back of her seat.
你在飞机上呢 别像个三年级孩子似的捶人家座椅
I can't believe anybody would think that's OK to punch someone else's seat.
我真的不敢相信会有人觉得捶别人的座椅没错
There are a lot of angry people out there right now, but we need to learn more compassion.
现在这个世道有太多人愤懑易怒 但我们要学着多一点同情心
We need to think about what somebody else might be feeling, what she may be going through in her life.
我们要考虑别人的感受 想想她可能遭遇了什么
And the same thing. Maybe he's going through something, but he didn't have to punch her seat.
同样的 也许这名男子过得也不好 但他没必要捶人家的座椅
Anyway, if you're ever unsure on how to behave on a plane, just remember--
总之 如果你不清楚在飞机上应该怎么做 那就记住
I say this at the end of every one of my shows-- recline to one another. And--
我每期节目结束的时候都会说这句话 互相依靠
For some reason, people think I'm saying, be kind to one another.
不知道为什么 人们总觉得我说的是善待他人
I said, recline to one another.
但我说的是 互相依靠
